Author Topic: Introducing 'OVERLOAD'  (Read 27767 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Introducing 'OVERLOAD'
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »
Pretty sure it was, actually.
Any game with somebody who attacks you with buzzsaws is worth supporting...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:51:39 PM by Kaiaatzl »

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »
Don't hold off backing, throw everything you've got... at the kickstarter...  :P
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 06:24:14 PM »
You can add additional copies of the game to your package for $20 so buy some extras as gifts.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
Don't hold off backing, throw everything you've got... at the kickstarter...  :P
Yeeeaaah, problem is I'm on leave for a college program.  I'm not earning anything back until June...

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
I know the feeling  - I'm skint too, but I'll still throw $25 on my card for this. I can skip a meal for that. :)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »
I probly will, but I'm gonna wait till the last week of the kickstarter and see how my finances are doing then.
Plus it looks like the loonie may be on the rise again... could end up spending a little less to give the same amount if I wait a bit.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:41:42 AM by Kaiaatzl »

Offline tueidj

• Silver
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 12:44:47 AM »
No news post about this? The kickstarter kinda needs all the help it can get at this point... and I'm pretty sure most visitors to this site would love to see a new game from the original devs.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 08:25:42 AM »
Only news I have is I pledged last week.

Offline Ionized

• Silver
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
I pledged last week, may up my pledge depending on how things go. It's been slower than I thought it would be and they asking for half as much as DU wanted. Yes, we can all up our pledges and "give blood", but unless we can get more people into Overload it's only going to help in the short term.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
Yeah, my only worry is that I'm using a prepaid card for... reasonss...
If the loonie drops more before the kickstarter is over it may go beyond the limit of the card.  I just hope if that happens kickstarter gives me a chance to fix things and give them the right amount of money.  On the flip side of the coin if kickstarter counts legally as a donation it may not be subject to sales tax, which would give me some breathing room since I did factor that into my calculations for how much I could give.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:29:22 PM by Kaiaatzl »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
Quote from: Ionized
It's been slower than I thought it would be and they asking for half as much as DU wanted.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by that myself, especially given how the reaction to Overload has seemed to be practically universally very positive among the fanbase.

I noticed the kickstarter shot up pretty quickly in the opening days, though, so I'm thinking it might do it again later on as it gets nearer to the end.

I've thought about trying to spread the word myself, but all the places I frequent on the web I could do that at that would really get the needed viewing by the relevant people already have announcements about it.

I personally haven't yet donated to the kickstarter, but I fully intend to. Still 13 days to go. I've got time. :P

Actually, I admit I just haven't gotten around to it yet. ::)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline tueidj

• Silver
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
The amount they're asking for is apparently the same as the advance they got for the first Descent.
I get the impression that they're trying to show it doesn't take a huge amount of cash/staff to make a decent game - just a handful of talented people with passion for their work. Unlike a certain other game that is selling early access and charging monthly subscriptions for what amounts to beta testing...

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 11:08:37 AM »
I'm in now.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 11:19:54 AM »
Found this on the Overload site:
Due to the original contract, the IP is divided between Parallax Software and Interplay.  Parallax owns a vast majority of the visual content and story, while Interplay owns the name and audio.   We all have our favorite parts of Descent and we’ll work into Overload those elements that we think make for a better game. At this point in development, we have been very focused on tools and tech and core systems. It will be easy to drop stuff in, but we need to think about how things tie together…though it would be hard to imagine no Easter eggs.

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by that myself, especially given how the reaction to Overload has seemed to be practically universally very positive among the fanbase.

I'm not. I reckon a large portion of the DU kickstarter was funded by Star Citizen fanboys. And let's not forget about the STFU fans that were around before it became Descent.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets