Author Topic: Desktops 2016  (Read 8547 times)

Offline Viper1999

• Silver
  • Now where was I?
Desktops 2016
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »
Post them up! 8)

Offline RaginCajun72

• Silver
  • A true Cajun from South of I-10
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Desktops 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:33:40 AM »
I hate Icons!  So I ditch'em! I've been working offshore for 9 weeks now...I sure do miss my Onyx!  8)
"99 Problems and Descent isn't one of them."

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:39:22 PM »
Post them up! 8)

Ah, Legend of Zelda!I'm going to be playing Twilight Princess HD pretty soon.

I hate Icons!  So I ditch'em!

Same here. I just don't care for any icons on the desktop.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

Actually playing through TP on the Gamecube now. I thought it was long gone when a friend's (much) younger brother had taken it, and was disheartened to learn that now the GC version costs almost more than it did new. Fortunately, said friend retrieved it and gave it to me... Such a fantastic game. My favorite of the series, actually.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:17:24 PM by D2Disciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:44 PM »
I've played several, only kept a few afterwards. the original, Twilight Princess & Wind Waker.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »
Realized I haven't posted any new desktops since August of last year.

Since that time, I got a second laptop, with the first's high-end video card biting it and thus useless as a gaming machine, and thus having been downgraded as a computer to use for misc. side-projects. It's still using the same desktop as I had last posted, in August 2015.

To keep with the theme of that machine's desktop, when I got the new laptop, I gave it a similarly themed desktop, and it's been using it now since.

Now that I've posted it, though, I might just change it to a very nice Star Trek: Voyager desktop I've recently found.

Twilight Princess...isn't that the one where Link can turn into a wolf as part of the gameplay, and so to tease my brother whenever he plays it, I've taken to referring the game as Zelda Unleashed and the character of Midna as "the fruit basket" (inside joke)?
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 06:31:54 AM »
Twilight Princess...isn't that the one where Link can turn into a wolf as part of the gameplay, and so to tease my brother whenever he plays it, I've taken to referring the game as Zelda Unleashed and the character of Midna as "the fruit basket" (inside joke)?

Indeed it is. I've never played Sonic Unleashed but I feel confident that Nintendo's implementation of the werewolf mechanic is slightly better. :P

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
It is, and Zelda's take upon it well predates Sonic's too, but at the time, I knew Sonic Unleashed better than much of anything Zelda and I latched onto that werewolf element both had for teasing purposes. As I said, it generally bugs my brother when I call Twilight Princess that, though he's an otherwise good sport about it. He knows my reasons.  ;D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »
It is, and Zelda's take upon it well predates Sonic's too, but at the time, I knew Sonic Unleashed better than much of anything Zelda and I latched onto that werewolf element both had for teasing purposes. As I said, it generally bugs my brother when I call Twilight Princess that, though he's an otherwise good sport about it. He knows my reasons.  ;D

Zelda is by far one of my favorite game series ever created, but unlike most rabid fans, I completely understand why a lot of folks just can't get into it.

However, as a Zelda fan, I really don't get all the hate that Twilight Princess gets. It simplifies the formula, but apart from the initial hour or two of the game, it has a much brisker pace than any of the other games (unlike Skyward Sword, which sends you on meaningless fetch quests the. Entire. Time.).

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
My current desktop:

Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »
Changed my desktop. Been actually meaning to switch it to this one for awhile, as it seemed fitting seeing Star Trek's officially turned fifty now (even though I probably ought to celebrate with a TOS pic rather than a VOY pic, but oh well it's all still Trek). :D

I was using another desktop pic between this one and the last one I posted, but I figured I didn't need to post it as I didn't think anybody here would be that interested in the pic...  ::)

In other news, it occurred to me that we've still got the 2015 desktop thread stickied to the top of the Mess Hall forum but not this one, the 2016 thread. Seeing we're now well into the latter half of 2016, maybe we ought to think about fixing that... :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:28:18 AM by Scyphi »
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
Good point, and done.

My desktop image is one of about a dozen or so, rotating. Some are from the APOD, such as this one. The icons are all bunched up on the left because I just installed a new vid card and didn't bother to re-arrange them. The one in the middle is there because I just downloaded it and need to take action on it, and that reminds me.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:07:39 PM by -<WillyP>- »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Oh Hey!  I haven't made an appearance around here for a while.  Recently rebuilt some of my systems using various flavors of Linux, and this is my latest background for my cherished old laptop (Xubuntu co-existing with the XP system the laptop had come with).  XP has gotten so far behind things, more and more things won't work on XP anymore (due to changes to the software) and XP is these days heavily burdened with the many security patches over the years... it's just not a practical system any more, and this laptop's hardware won't work with Windows 10 ... but modern Linux distros work just fine (after a little display and wireless drivers tinkering).

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets