Author Topic: Should there be an Honest Game Trailers of the Descent series?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Should there be an Honest Game Trailers of the Descent series?
« on: October 27, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
Don't know what Honest Game Trailers are, they're a spin-off of Honest Trailers but they're parody trailers that tell you the TRUTH about your favorite Video Games rather than movies and they're hilarious.

here's the playlist for Honest Game Trailers to see the examples of what I'm talking about-
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeImKFecYFCzKacBAZGzcJEVm9OWN1PFZ

So, should Smosh do one on the Descent series? (I'm surprised there isn't one)
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Should there be an Honest Game Trailers of the Descent series?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »
Not really. I didn't make it past the intro. TL:DW
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
I've only ever watched one of those honest trailers myself, the one for Star Trek (XI). Never really had interest beyond that.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 07:56:54 PM »
You know, the best use of "Honest Game Trailers" that I've seen (IMHO) was for the purpose of exposing and making a point of the flaws and shortcomings of games.

Yes, the Descent series was not perfect, and we know a LOT of the flaws... but I still enjoy and respect the Descent games series enough that I don't want any "Honest Game Trailer" of the Descent series... Besides, there have been enough years since the games came out, what would be the point?

Besides which, you could only actually do an "honest" trailer of Descent 3, since Descent 1 and Descent 2 cannot be played in their original intended environment without either setting up a system running very outdated OS and really outdated hardware or by running under a environment shell/wrapper (which then "clouds" the results).  DXX-Rebirth and D2X would not provide an "honest" result either because both (out of necessity) cannot fully compare to the original environment (despite any "nostalgic" settings).

IMHO, at this date any "honest" game trailer could not truly be "honest" because everyone's systems have changed so much since 1995, 1996, and 1999.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:40:04 AM »
Check out "Screen Junkies" on Youtube, and click on some Honest Trailer, hear the voice well and then check out of the original "Descent 3" trailer. I was a bit surprised myself.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets