Author Topic: T Shirts  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Calgachus

• Bronze
T Shirts
« on: June 07, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
I have been trying to find a good descent t shirt on the web but haven't had any luck.  So I decided to try designing my own.  Only problem is, the website I am using requires a minimum purchase of 6 shirts for custom designs.  If I came up with a good design, would any of you be interested in buying the extras?

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Re: T Shirts
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  ;)

I'd be willing. The only problem I see is using trademarked and copyrighted material on a shirt... Not sure if placing trademarked or copyrighted material on a custom tee from another company classifies as infringement, though I seriously doubt Interplay or Volition are that concerned with a few shirts.

Come to think of it, I remember a goofy Shirt.Woot shirt depicting a Mario Bros. starman in an Ironman-style chest circle... I think it'd be pretty awesome to do a similar thing with a Descent shield orb.  ;D
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »
PD's had gotten away with selling custom t-shirts with the site logo on it for a time, which obviously features technically trademarked Descent features, without issue.

Don't seem to anymore, but oh well.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
Hmmm.. strange that t-shirts disappeared from the Zazzle store, I had received no notice of any kind from Zazzle. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: found the t-shirts, they were listed in 'more by PlanetDescent' after looking at the hat listing. Here are the dark shirts: Planet Descent Banner Dark T Tshirts | Zazzle and the light ones: Planet Descent Banner T Light Tshirt | Zazzle

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:04:59 PM by -<WillyP>- »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
The only problem I see is using trademarked and copyrighted material on a shirt... Not sure if placing trademarked or copyrighted material on a custom tee from another company classifies as infringement, though I seriously doubt Interplay or Volition are that concerned with a few shirts.

I wanted to get a stainless steel mug with the Zelda artwork from zazzle. I got an email stating I couldn't due to copy right issues. I wasn't going to sell them, just have some for myself, but oh well.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets