Author Topic: New video card day! - Powercolor Radeon R7 250  (Read 2185 times)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
New video card day! - Powercolor Radeon R7 250
« on: June 04, 2015, 06:48:51 PM »
Got a new video card yesterday from Newegg, got to test drive it a little this evening.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. I was able to run Red Faction: Guerrilla at high settings at 1440x900 with good framerates. I downloaded Planetside 2 just to really test it, and I was able to do medium settings at 1440x900 at fantastic framerates (Great! Now I can delete PS2 and forget it exists).

I'm tired of seeing games get benchmarked with lower-end cards at 1080p at medium detail, posting average framerates of 25 FPS, and then gamers be like, "games r totally unplayable, stupid card, might run Minecraft but u still get only liek 115fps, not acceptable, only by if you need use Notepad or cmd prompt, maybe MS paint but u still need radeon r9 290x to get that run smoothly lol BY 2 TITAN X RUN IN SLI OR U NO GAME EVER kthxbai"

Remember the days when we ran games at 15 fps at 320X240 and liked it?

Basically, anyone needing a perfectly capable card for gaming on the cheap, I can recommend the R7 250. Doesn't even require any external power, so if you've got a PCI-E 16x slot and a 300+W power supply, you can game with it. Can confirm.  :)

EDIT: Just tried the all-important Unreal Tournament (UT4) Pre-alpha. Runs butter-smooth at 1280x768 with FXAA on at low details. Sure, it's a little... fuzzy, but it plays great and still manages to look fairly nice. Should mean I'm good for both SolC and D:U.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:55:28 PM by D2Disciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: New video card day! - Powercolor Radeon R7 250
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:12:15 AM »
You get used to it. You get used to seeing the better graphics and high framerate then anything less just looks bland. But I guess that goes both ways... If you find a fun game and the graphics or framerate aren't so great, you get used to that too.

But your pic isn't showing so I looked it up on Amazon: Amazon.com: Powercolor Radeon R7 250

Edit: now your pic is showing, because I looked at the link from the page source. If the pic isn't showing for anyone else follow this link then see if it shows: http://www.powercolor.com/us/show_img.asp?id=528&file=image_b_s_2.jpg
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:15:57 AM by -<WillyP>- »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: New video card day! - Powercolor Radeon R7 250
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »
I saw it from the start, without your link or for that matter, your reply.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets