Author Topic: PD Underground  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
PD Underground
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
Descendant Studios wants us to show our support for Descent Underground? Then by golly, let's show our support for Descent Underground!

In other words, I tweaked our logo for the occasion.

Before anyone asks, I didn't actually plan to change the color scheme so drastically, it just sort of happened.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: PD Underground
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:35:05 AM »
I changed to your new logo banner. I think the red is a bit of a clash with the blue and yellow, but it's ok. Maybe someone will make one for Sol.

And I didn't test it with any but the default theme, PD Dark. If anyone is using alternate themes, let me know what you how it looks in them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:36:43 AM by -<WillyP>- »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »
I like it, but I'm noticing quite a bit of compression noise from the JPEG conversion. Maybe you could send a lossless, alpha-enabled PNG to WillyP instead?

EDIT: I wasn't even aware we had a PD Light theme. Not a fan, but Scyphi's logo didn't even show up there. Not sure it's a big deal, though, because it says only 4 people are using PD Light.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:43:01 AM by D2Junkie »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 04:23:09 PM »
Quote from: D2Junkie
I like it, but I'm noticing quite a bit of compression noise from the JPEG conversion. Maybe you could send a lossless, alpha-enabled PNG to WillyP instead?

Seeing that I've noticed the black background doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the site's, I just might. It'd be easy to do.

Quote from: WillyP
I think the red is a bit of a clash with the blue and yellow, but it's ok.
Yeah, I had thought that too, which was why when I started it, I was thinking I was going to try and keep to the usual color scheme, but nope; this puppy wanted to be predominately red. It wasn't working any other way.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 08:38:15 AM »
PNG version. Hopefully that'll fix things.
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
Thanks Scyphi!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »
I'm one of the 4 that are using PD Light. I prefer it, or the TRUE classic PlanetDescent.com look.

anyways, I love the word "DESCENT". Some seems a little different, but maybe I will get used to it in time. It's not horrible by any means, just used to Descent being blue.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets