Author Topic: How badly do I want to play Descent Underground?...  (Read 1676 times)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
How badly do I want to play Descent Underground?...
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:03:42 PM »
... So badly I have a new AMD Athlon X4 860K CPU, 8GB of G-Skill DDR3 2400 RAM, a crossfire-ready Gigabyte FM2+ board, and a 500W 2x12v rail and 1x6 + 1x6+2 PCI-e Power Supply shipping to me this week.  ;D

I drop by from time to time, but I just don't have the time to devote to Descent multiplayer or Descent song covers like I used to - I took a new job where I'm working 45+ hours a week, and I've been working hard on my first full-length Christian worship album. That takes up A LOT of my time.

Imagine my surprise to suddenly stumble on news that a new Descent is in the works, and that its $600k Kickstarter goal has been reached. I don't care if it costs me sleep at night, I'm going to buy and play the crap out of this game. I don't even care if it's bad. It's more Descent. In 2016. I support this.

I haven't donated or purchased the game yet, but that's because I currently have a desktop PC that can barely run Portal 2 (Sandy Bridge Pentium D, 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 8600) and I need to at least get a decent current-gen PC up and running. Later purchases will include a shiny new white case, two new red LED 120mm case fans, a Cooler Master quad heat-pipe CPU cooler for overclocking, an MSI Gaming Radeon R9 270 PCI-e card, and either a 1TB 7200RPM HDD or a 120GB SSD (already have a 500GB drive with plenty of space left on it - haven't decided which I want to get yet).

So this time... I'm quite literally preparing for Descent.  :P
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Re: How badly do I want to play Descent Underground?...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
And dag, yo. It seems Sol Contigency, which I wrote off about a year ago as yet another Unreal mod that wasn't ever going to flesh out (pardon my cynicism) is close to a demo MP release. I'm so happy I could cry big fat man-tears of joy right now. Two 6DOF games. TWO!

Looks like Christmas is coming early for me this year...  ;D
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
Re: How badly do I want to play Descent Underground?...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:06:42 AM »
Cynicism pardoned ;)

Don't worry dude, you'll have great fun with SolC soon. And when I say soon, I don't mean in a year or a few months. We have some great stuff that we haven't shared with the public yet and we know you guys will poop yourselves to know we have them in our game. We're working on balancing everything out and I'm sure that once we feel more comfortable, we'll introduce them to you all. Look forward to this because it is awesome. Even I'm excited about it! XD
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets