Author Topic: Sol Contingency Media Updates  (Read 10906 times)

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
Re: Sol Contingency Media Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
Lol don't sweat it. A few comments were made in the dev forums like how most of them looked like kabuto helmets. I think the Umbra looks cool, but not for the main ship. Maybe for a neat stealth mission or a enemy stealth bot...which we already have in the Stealth Hulk. There was another ship they showed that I liked, but no one else really seemed to care for. It looked a lot like the Anubis from Freespace.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
I read a word or two, and thought "Ultrabots" which has NOTHING to do with Descent.

That's a game I wish I could load up again.

I'm busy with a baby son, so I may not always have to look  up stuff, but hopefully will have time to play these games once they're available.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:10 PM »
ok it's fine. Attached are a Kabuto helmet and the PVF Anubis from Freespace.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
Lol don't sweat it. A few comments were made in the dev forums like how most of them looked like kabuto helmets. I think the Umbra looks cool, but not for the main ship. Maybe for a neat stealth mission or a enemy stealth bot...which we already have in the Stealth Hulk. There was another ship they showed that I liked, but no one else really seemed to care for. It looked a lot like the Anubis from Freespace.

Umbra for a stealth mission definitely, but that's kind of a go-figure since it clearly resembles a real-life stealth jet.  ::)

You know, upon thinking about it, the Anubis may look cool, but it's design doesn't strike me as very logical...  ???
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
Well it is meant for space missions, not planetary missions. Logical or not, it looks pretty cool :P haha

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »
almost looks like a star wars ship from one of the newer episodes

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »
Yeah I bet. But nah, the other devs said that the concept art for the Pulsar (the ship I liked) looked too much like a guide bot

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
I like the Talon myself, though not so much the tail.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »
I personally think the weapons are too far apart. In-game, the positioning of the laser cannons are quite noticeable and different from the Pyro. The other cannons are normal though.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 01:22:53 PM »
Hey guys, I know that we devs have been quiet, but I assure you that we're working hardcore to get you guys a bunch of cool new (and maybe old) stuff. Keep an eye out for new updates!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
This is, like, the only place where you could say "we're going to bring you some old stuff!" and people will actually be excited about it... ;D

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
Lol right? That's what we're all about, bringing back the good stuff XD

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
I like old stuff. Heck, I am old stuff!

;D
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »
Lol I'm sure you're not. But at any rate, be ready for some good stuff soon! The Descent community is in for some awesome stuff!

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
Hey guys...guess what we've got! You know what it is, we know what it is...here's our take on number 9, the "Cerberus Missile"!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets