Author Topic: The Piano Guys -- Batman Evolution  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
The Piano Guys -- Batman Evolution
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
So seeing the past two or three topics in the Mess Hall as of late were started by yours truly, since did I become the one that starts most of the threads around here?  ::) :P

Anyway, I know there's a few Batman enthusiasts about here, so I figured I pass this vid along to y'all that might be interested and may not have seen (or rather heard) it themselves yet. :)

Batman Evolution - ThePianoGuys
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Re: The Piano Guys -- Batman Evolution
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:40:16 AM »
That was epic!  Thanks for sharing that video!
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:04 AM »
I love classical music and even soundtrack. It was really nice. it seemed a little out of place hearing "BATMAN" shouted out a few times, but oh well. Batman, with the exception of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, is probably one of the only super heroes I did like. I was more into the Tim Burton's original with Jack Nicholson as the Joker. but some of the newer ones were pretty good in their own way as well.

Thanks for the video.

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »
BLOCKED!

Copyright infringement?
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »
BLOCKED!

Copyright infringement?

Not surprised, pretty sure Batman and the songs are copyrighted material. You can't just go around copying someone's work no matter how well intentioned you are.

I always thought Batman was kinda lame anyway.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »
The Piano Guys had no right uploading it or doing the music?
The dark Knight music they did was pretty nice. I downloaded the video onto my harddrive. I did a youtube search, and I still see some of the videos on there.

I didn't mind Batman. That and the classic Ninja Turtles were the only two I got into. Both without super powers....
anyway,

I like classical music and piano & cello are nice together.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »
BLOCKED!

Copyright infringement?

Did some investigating on this, but haven't found an explanation (no public statement seems to have been made yet), but I highly doubt it's because of negligence regarding copyrights. The Piano Guys are NOT an amateur group, they are very much professionals who go on tour, preform in public, have released an album containing this very track which seems to be selling well without complaint, and have composed montages for other franchises, including Mission Impossible, Star Wars, and even Kung Fu Panda, all of which were done without much protest or issue with copyrights, suggesting that they went ahead and got permission before proceeding. They are quite publicly known, too, so they're not exactly small time either.

Seeing that the album that, again, has the same track on it and is getting sold right now without legal issue, I would hazard to guess that one of two things has happened;  first being that its actually some sort of troll trying to pose as an official company and enact a copyright claim that doesn't exist (this happens from time to time on YouTube; the company that applies these "copyright claims" on videos are not always who they claim to be) and if so, will likely get resolved soon. Second is that The Piano Guys accidentally overlooked some part of the agreement (maybe they were authorized to compose the piece and put it on an album, but not on YouTube).

Copyrights are complicated though, so its wholly possible even I'm overlooking something.

As for superheores, I was always more pro-Darkwing Duck myself.

Predicting a comment from Darkwing on the matter in three...two...
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
I see some of their CD's, so I can't see them as not being legit.

I used to see Darkwing Duck as a kid.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets