Author Topic: Descent 3 Singleplayer Missions - LIST  (Read 43455 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Descent 3 Singleplayer Missions - LIST
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:06 AM »
I think I've played all of these, though there are a few I never finished. I think one was Monument, which as I recall I gave up on because it was so long, and got to be rather boring. Though I could be wrong I might be thinking of a different mission.

No, it probably WAS Monument you're thinking of. It lasts blippin' forever. One of those levels that was a neat idea, but it just drags on and on and on.

Techpro's actually taken the time to finish it. Watching him do it was good enough for me.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »
This is awesome, guys!  My son (5 years old now) has been asking me for more D3 levels to play.  :D
5 years already!!!  Where did the time go?  Knowing you, bet he's a lot of fun.  ;)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
He is. :D

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
I think I played that, not sure how far I got if I did. Want to say I was in the magnum.

There was another one, outside. The terrain was basically all rocks. I think you see a phoenix that crashed and is burning. There are various ways of getting in, but I think by getting keys or hitting switches first. At some point, late into it, i think you see some sort of hanger or something, guarded by those turrets I believe.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »
That sounds like either Roth 513 or Mission at Saturn that you're describing Vanguard. Of the two, I would hazard to guess Roth 513.

Speaking of, I haven't played Roth 513 in awhile...maybe I should do this during the weekend if I have the time. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
Recently, I re-played Ron Lester's "Saturn Station-Titan Project" (long version of "Saturn Expidition") then started up "Rhea Station".   I had forgotten just how HUGE those levels are, especially Rhea Station.

Ron Lester was definitely a one of a kind when it came to creating SP levels for D3.  If I ever get to meet him ... My hats off to him!

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
Roth 513 maybe. theres a CTF map I'm trying to remember

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
After being basically... "AWOL" from updating the list... I've added 4 (yes, four) single player levels to the Descent 3 Single player Missions List!

• Basewars Redux (by Hunter)
  • Hyperspace: Silent Fury (by Hunter)
  • Omens: PTMC Vesta Covert Facility (by Hunter)
  • Omens: Resurgence (by Hunter)

I highly recommend all four.

Cheers!

Offline ConcordSix

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 11:47:29 AM »
I loaded up the Piccu Station (Demo) mission, but unfortunately it seems there's a problem with the scripting that's supposed to trigger when you fire on the switches. Absolutely nothing happens; the switches don't even move. Anyone else encountered an issue like this? (I'm playing on the new Mac port from Steam, which admittedly might be part of the problem.) Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer. Also, I'm so thankful that this list has been meticulously maintained over the years!

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 07:30:38 AM »
It's been a little bit since I last played the level in question...but I seem to recall there being more than one set of switches, so for the sake of clarity, which ones are you referring to specifically?
Check out my deviantART

Offline ConcordSix

• Bronze
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 03:24:09 PM »
It's been a little bit since I last played the level in question...but I seem to recall there being more than one set of switches, so for the sake of clarity, which ones are you referring to specifically?
All of them. None of the trigger-able switches I've encountered in (at least the first half of) the level move or do anything when shot.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 08:57:02 PM »
If none of the switches are activating their relevant scripts, you must not be able to even get out into that first area of terrain then...odd.

Anyway, I've played the level on my own Steam D3 installation then again on a non-Steam installation I also use far enough into each level to test several of its switches. All of them worked fine and as intended in every instance. The datalink puzzle was even fully functional.

Of course, this is me playing it on a typical Windows 10 PC, not a Mac, so as already noted, that could be all the difference right there. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Mac to playtest on. :( So testing that more directly would have to be left up to somebody other than me.

But my guess that it is either due to the Mac style of installation as suggested (in which case, if you have access to a PC, try it there and see if you get the same results) or something went amiss with the level's files when it was installed to your game, in which case I'd recommended removing that level and then downloading it and installing it again fresh, see if that helps.

I read the level's attached read me file, see if that gave any suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't give any troubleshooting info at all--according to it, it should just be plug and play.
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2021, 11:34:02 AM »
in the correct thread this time...

I vaguely remember hearing that the new linux and mac versions of Descent 3 have problems linking to older script binaries, but I can't test it myself ATM.

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2021, 06:42:16 AM »
Are there any audio alerts like messages from the beagle or 'intruder alerts' ? If not, that means the scripts for mac/linux were not included in the level. There isn't anyone around anymore that can compile those scripts unfortunately.
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline ConcordSix

• Bronze
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2021, 11:57:13 PM »
Are there any audio alerts like messages from the beagle or 'intruder alerts' ? If not, that means the scripts for mac/linux were not included in the level. There isn't anyone around anymore that can compile those scripts unfortunately.
No audio, so this looks to be the issue. Thanks for helping me figure out what was going on, even if it's something that can't be fixed.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets