Author Topic: D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Viper1999

• Silver
  • Now where was I?
D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
This level is based off Wolf3D E1M1/Doom 2 MAP31. This map only took 3 days to make and done lots of testing. Unlike in the original maps, all the nazi-related imagery (e.g swastikas, Hitler, etc) are replaced with computer screens and PTMC logos. (sorry for those who were expecting these! :P)

Custom MIDI: Yes

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD

Tools used:
DLE-XP - Map
XWE (eXtendable Wad Editor) - Extracting of textures from doom2.wad
D2X-Rebirth - Testing
BriefEd - Briefing screen
DTX2 - MIDI replacement

CHANGELOG:
V1.1: Fixed walls having sideways textures.
V1.0: Release

EDIT (10th January, 2017): Look who's back! I can't believe it has been literally 2 years since last time I updated this. Anyway, there's really not much about what I've done to the level. However, because of a problem with Dropbox I have decided to change the download link so that should start working again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:02:45 AM by Viper1999 »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: D2 Singleplayer Level: Wolfenstein
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
Just played it. Heh, fun and quick little level. I remember seeing Wolfenstein being played WAAAAAY back in the day, enough that I could definitely get a bit of the same feel for it in this.

It's awfully simple, though. I was actually kind of hoping for much more difficult bots at the very least by the end of the level, if only just to keep things interesting because Descent wasn't exactly meant for such a linear groundpounder like this level's supposed to be. But oh well. Maybe next time I'll just crank up the difficulty higher than I normally would.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets