Author Topic: The forgotten D1 Cinematic Tracks?  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
The forgotten D1 Cinematic Tracks?
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a standalone instrumental to the music that plays at the cutscene during the end of Descent 1 for Playstation? Here's a refresher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWbC8jeujro

I know Descent 2 has "Base Return" and "Final Mission" Cinematic themes without the conversation, but I've never heard this version to have a standalone instrumental.

Edit {add-on}: Oh, and same goes for the intro cutscene? I know some sources credit "Collision Dome Excavation" as a "remix" of the D1 Playstation briefing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:25:56 PM by Texace11 »
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: The forgotten D1 Cinematic Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:47:33 AM »
None that I have ever seen. I don't think such tracks were ever released for D1. But if you find them, I would be greatly interested in them too. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kd527

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »
Wow, I didn't know they even did cutscenes like this in D1 for Playstation. I've only ever played the PC version which just has the text and midi music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
Last I checked, you can rig D2X-XL to play them for the D1 mission set. Can't think of any reason why that would've been removed since the last time I used D2X-XL.  :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
Last I checked, you can rig D2X-XL to play them for the D1 mission set. Can't think of any reason why that would've been removed since the last time I used D2X-XL.  :D
Yes, you can do that, and it's pretty cool.  The cut-scene (in the correct format and filename) is simply copied into a specific folder, and with the option toggled on in the D2X-XL settings... Ta-dah!  Cut scenes when you run the Descent 1 mission set.

What I'd really, really, really like to see would be the Descent 1 cut scenes available in D1X-Rebirth ('cause it's not an option currently).  If Ya wanna go nostalgic Descent 1, it's easy with D1X-Rebirth ('cause it's already that way) and having the nostalgic styled Descent 1 cut scenes with D1X-Rebirth would be epic.   ... IMO

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:11 AM »
Yeah, I'd roll with that too. Maybe they could have an option where you could toggle it on and off to personal taste...
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets