Author Topic: I may be planning to play Descent on the piano  (Read 2660 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
I may be planning to play Descent on the piano
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »
YES!

That's right! I have plans to put it on YouTube! All I need to do is find some sheet music, and resume practicing (I took about a 4 year break XD). There is one site that has a program that allows you to make the sheet music. Unfortunatly, it seems to emphasize MIDI and not MP3 (Some D3 songs in mind)

http://www.finalemusic.com/PrintMusic/

The big question: Can anyone make some sheet music for Descent 3 Level 7? I guess I should start with that since that's my favorite. Then D2 GAME04 MIDI. I know I can import the MIDI to the program, but I'm still uneasy about signing up there just to get the trial version. Plus to get the full thing it costs an arm and a leg compared to what I plan to do with it. So I'm sorry to ask here first to see if anyone can come up with some sheets.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: I may be planning to play Descent on the piano
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »
Hmmm, I only know software that converts MIDI to sheet music.  The same product also does MP3 but the MP3 conversions to sheet music are not very playable (the couple times I tried it).

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:14:05 AM »
Really? It'll do mp3's? Are we thinking of the same program here? :o

Anyway, I think I know of someone who has sheet music for D3 lvl 7, or can provide some for you, but I'd have to track down his webname (for it eludeth me at the moment) and there's no guarantees he can help.

In most cases, though, you're probably going to have to figure out the notes on your own and play it by ear.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »
I can already play the level 7 melody on the piano. Even just doing the melody with my right hand on the chords/bass with my left. :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets