Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
Oh dear
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »
Well now. Hello everyone. It has been quite a while, hasn't it?

How has everyone been?! I'm so sorry for not being around for a while, but trust me when I say that I haven't forgotten my roots! Descent was my first ever video game, and the community was my first to ever get involved in.

So! What's new and cracking?

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
Well, first of all, glad to see you back Kaizer!

Now what's new, well, the main stuff nowadays is related to the release of Talon, the new videogame inspired by Descent and made by Scottris, check it out!:
http://www.talongame.com/

Also, Sol Contingency is in the works; It's a great fangame that is actually a re-invention of Descent in the Unreal engine.
It includes some of the old classical robots and mechanics but in a more up to date environment. :) :
http://preparefordescent.com/

I made some progress on Pumo Mines this year, as Level 5 is completed and I'm making Level 6 steadily. :)
Also there are some other new Mission projects for D2 in the works, like Descent 1 1/2 from Xfing, and Plutonian Shores from NaphthaTurisas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:30:57 PM by Pumo »
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:21:20 AM »
YOU! You're the one that did that bad@$$ version of Robby Station! Very nice to know you! :D
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »
Pumo: I'm waiting on a paycheck so I can buy Talon, and I really can't wait! I checked out Sol Contingency as well, and I have to say, it looks fantastic! I looked over the media section as well, and metalgunner87's orchestral mix of Descent 1 level 1 gave me shivers. I could imagine that the level is a lot darker, maybe even how the original developers imagined it would be.

Texace: It's been a loooong time since that remix. I have to say that compared to now, it's not nearly my best work, but I'm glad you like it!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »
Hi Kaizerwolf, good to see you back here too.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets