Author Topic: Logitech hardware being quirky in Descent3  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Logitech hardware being quirky in Descent3
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
So, I finally got around to reinstall Descent3, and it seems to have a problem with my Logitech G510 and G600 keyboard and mouse. The mouse is really inconsistent on the menu screen and will sometimes not move at all. The keyboard doesn't seem to work at all for menu navigation, although it works fine ingame. Any suggestions? I already tried turning down the polling rate on my mouse, that didn't do anything.

EDIT: After a playing a game, I've got a somewhat different assessment. The keyboard works fine most of the time, it must've just been tabbing out while it was loading levels that messed it up. The mouse works fine in menus when I move it quickly, but moving it slowly it barely responds. Once in game I sometimes had problems with my hat responding to being pressed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:27:47 AM by IHateHackers »

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: Logitech hardware being quirky in Descent3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »
What mouse adjustments have you made within Descent 3?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »
None. AFAIK, you can only adjust how the mouse behaves ingame, not in the menu.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
How well does the mouse perform in game? Or are you a joystick gamer?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
I use my joystick in game. I thought I mentioned that, guess not. Ingame my joystick mostly works fine but the hat sometimes feels rather jerky (IE: I start to strafe up, I'll twitch up a bit, stop a bit, then go up) Jerky, like my mouse in menus. The axes seem to work fine.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
Have you tried adjusting the mouse speed and acceleration in the OS settings?

What OS are you using?  I assume Windows, and you would find these settings to adjust in the Mouse control panel.  Acceleration settings for some mice do not translate well into Descent 3.  I typically turn off the acceleration.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »
There are no acceleration settings in Windows, it's all in Logitech Gaming Software, which I set to disable acceleration and lower the poll rate as low as it will go in Descent3. No luck.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
I wonder ... If you took a regular (a "nothing special) mouse, and plugged it in to the computer in addition to your mouse ... would that "regular mouse" behave the same as your mouse?

If the "regular mouse" is identified by the system as a fairly normal/'standard' mouse, it would be handled differently from your mouse (which uses the Logitech software).  So... if the "regular mouse" behaves more normally in Descent 3 than your mouse, then you would know much more about where the issue is happening at.

Do you have a mouse you can do that with?
'

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets