Author Topic: Descent - The Complete Music Collection 1/29/2022 - Reuploaded Missing File  (Read 93159 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Descent - The Complete Music Collection 7/26/2014 - Final Release V1!
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
Since you've been including remixes, I thought you might want this lovely remix of D3's level 7. I've had it for like, forever and a half, so much so I'm quite used to it being in my playlist that I didn't think much about it until now.  ::) Still a wonderful little song, though. I wish I can remember who specifically made it...I want to say D2Junkie, but I don't think that's right... :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Iron_Ian

• Silver
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »
Since you've been including remixes, I thought you might want this lovely remix of D3's level 7. I've had it for like, forever and a half, so much so I'm quite used to it being in my playlist that I didn't think much about it until now.  ::) Still a wonderful little song, though. I wish I can remember who specifically made it...I want to say D2Junkie, but I don't think that's right... :-\

Level 7 happens to be one of my favorite tracks in D3 hehe - and this remix is pretty unique sounding, a little rough around the edges but I like it. Hmm, I'll see if I can figure out who made it to credit them properly. I was thinking of grabbing up some of the individual remixes from the net and compiling them into a remix compilation album of sorts. Kind of on the priority backburner right now, unfortunately since I'm a bit occupied with work.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »
Hmm.  I don't remember hearing that one before.  Other than the slow start, kind of like it myself.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 06:03:41 AM »
It's not bad but it feels like it could use a little more variety and a little less clipping.
Sounds like the artist started on an epic rock-ish cover, got bored halfway through and then decided to slap a quick and dirty finish on what they had so far.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
If I remember correctly, it's not actually a finished mix, but the artist never came back with a more complete version, and I was satisfied enough with this version that I was okay with that, and didn't question it.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
I wonder if it's the same guy who did "Light Improv" on the Descent Community Album.  The guitar and playing styles definitely sound similar.

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »
A long long time ago I did a terrible remix of the level 7 theme, I'm talking like 2008. I've always wanted to try again with the new skills I've learned.. that remix you posted is inspiring, Scyphi, it's such a different theme and genre from Descent 3's soundtrack and aside from the technical problems, it sounds so epic.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• Bronze
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 07:58:29 PM »
hey folks, sorry to resurrect a topic and everything, i know that gets annoying. (but...)

i'm a huge Type O Negative freak and myself along with the folks at the typeonegative.co forum (it's a rebuilding of the former official forum, so it's still in birthing stages!) are very excited to find you guys have done such an amazing job collecting all the soundtrack versions and, thus, all the alternate versions of "Haunted" barely anyone knew about.

thank you very much for your work and for sharing it out!

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 10:28:03 PM »
Good to hear seasons :) Type O Negative is fantastic. Too bad about Peter :(
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
Yeah It's no problem for us.  Glad we could help out. ;)
As for their albums I think I only have October Rust, but I loved most of the songs on there and I'm thinking of looking for others when I have money to spare.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 02:16:28 PM »
I got the songs on some devices. It is neat music. I don't know what kind of music you call it, but it's the hardest I have, being I typically just listen to classical and techno.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
When Autopilot released those excerpts of all the Descent 3 tracks on the old planetdescent I remember hearing a section (an extension at the end of the section that starts at around 0:40 in the full mix) in the excerpt of the level 5 song that wasn't in the game or in the game files.

The sound design in that song makes it sound like Autopilot's take on Glut.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
Hey, just a heads up on one of the Descent 1 tracks that's tagged wrong.
Virtual Tension is by Larry Peacock, not Brimble, and it's also technically not a remix.

Offline Iron_Ian

• Silver
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »
Hey, just a heads up on one of the Descent 1 tracks that's tagged wrong.
Virtual Tension is by Larry Peacock, not Brimble, and it's also technically not a remix.

I was under the impression the D1 Mac/PSX Redbook soundtrack was entirely scored by Allister Brimble? Also if you're referring to the "(PSX Mix)" label, I just applied that to any track different than the "original" PC/Mac versions to differentiate the minor differences in the tracks.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2016, 02:45:46 PM »
Naah, according to Peacock he wrote Virtual Tension for a marketing campaign for Descent 1, and then later he remixed that into the midi song.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets