Author Topic: Some more songs to decide your three favourites of.  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Some more songs to decide your three favourites of.
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
Fourteen more songs to be exact.  I'm planning to enter the ISC again this year and again I'd like some help from people with more "normal" tastes to help me decide.  So vote for your three favourites, and the three songs with the most votes after one or two months will be entered into the International Songwriting Contest.  Just like what happened with Never Look Down (which will still get released once I have album artwork and a Vertigo Fox logo btw).

And I still can't remember how to make a poll here.  But here are links to songs, organized in a sort of album just to be interesting (even though a few of them are from an actual new album I'm writing).  But you won't know which songs those are because they give you no indication which songs are from that album -- except for the song that you're most likely to already know is on that album.  There's moreuinfo on each song on its page as well, and if you want to read the lyrics to some songs I'll post them in this thread for you, but I'm not going to the trouble of typing them all up this time unless somebody wants them :D.

Echoic Resonance:

Live On:

Viral Infiltrate:

Conspyre:

Reality Slash (Scissorcell Mix):

Firetail:

Biohazard:

Ouzelum:

Blaster Jones:

Startide:

Shifter Miasma:
http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1029

Xenoflekz:
http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1030

Nightpaw:
http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1031

Hypergrown Jungle:
http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1032

Again, I'm posting this on multiple websites and I'm asking you to only vote on one site, to make the tally simpler.  Have fun listening!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:48:18 PM by Kaiaatzel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Some more songs to decide your three favourites of.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:31 AM »
Hmm. Well...hmm.

Well, I have to admit that the lyrics all put off a little on all of them, but that's more because my musical tastes move towards songs without lyrics than without, so I may not be the best person to be providing input on this...

But I did like Conspyre. And, um, Nightpaw's opening melody was enjoyable. Um...after that, I'm not sure what would fall in third...Live On is jumping out at me at the moment, so let's go with that one. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
The music was ok, but the vocals... just not my thing, I guess.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »
Ah, well, I think lyrics are a good thing to have when you're entering a songwriting contest ;D.  And pretty much all the instrumentals I've written lately are going into the soundtrack for either LUX or Sol Contingency so I'm not really supposed to leak them yet, and certainly not enter them into contests.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:08:34 PM by Kaiaatzel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »
I didn't really pay that much attention to the lyrics, 'twas focusing more on the music itself, but to be perfectly honest, Kai, from what I can remember of the lyrics, they weren't anything too special. :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
 ???
Well at least there are no love songs.  Some horror stories, but no love songs.  That does remove some genericness doesn't it?  Well, Startide does kind of have a sort of love affair going on between the singer and the sea, but I think that's different.  Cuz you never really appreciate the sea until you're a beached dolphin, do you?

What about the lyrics wasn't unusual enough?  Or did you mean something else?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
I dunno, they seemed generic I guess.

You're really asking the wrong person on this, as, like I said before, songs with lyrics aren't usually my thing.

In fact, that might be it right there. :-\

And...I didn't want to say this for fear of it coming out entirely too negatively...but it MAY be the singing voice, too. But again, don't take my word for it, I am SO not an expert on this sort of thing. :P
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
You know what you need? You need an insanely breathtaking female vocalist at the caliber of Jillian Aversa...

[Example:
zircon, Jillian Aversa: Final Fantasy VII 'Deliverance of the Heart'
]

...and possibly take over and sing in a different part of the song, like in
Echoic Resonance, the part beginning at 1:07 could be your part.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »
Well, I think I will go for Biohazard (obviously ;)), Reality Slash and Startide. :)
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets