Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale is Today!!!!  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Steam Summer Sale is Today!!!!
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
for those who didn't know, the title says it all.

Here are the games that I got for the sale of the year (so far):
-Dust: An Elysian Tail (you must be at least a furry like me in order to play.  I know for those who aren't fascinated by Half Animal and Half Human creatures will be like "Ew Ew, Furries!  Ucky Gush!")
-Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
-Commander Keen Complete Pack
-Wargame: Airland Battle Pre-Order with Early Access
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:47:16 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Steam Summer Sale is Today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
I have Dust on 360... I'd say I don't know what that says about me but SapphireWolf made it pretty clear XD.  It's pretty fun gameplay-wise, though a bit repetitive, and I generally like the character designs (in case you had any doubt SapphireWolf's right :P), but what really appealed to me was the hand-painted backgrounds.  I don't care about graphics usually but these are artistic in a way that I've never seen in a game before.  Well maybe in a board game but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ::).
I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded the same day I bought Dust and I've definitely been playing it a lot more, despite what the series fans say I think it's a very fun game with a pretty nice editor.  Those two game-buyings were a few months ago though.

I did buy Trackmania 2 Valley on its release day last week.  But for the last few months I've been focused more on work, the two games I'm on the dev teams for, and music, which are all the same thing really :P.  I finally got that autotuner I wanted even despite my perfect pitch.  Not consuming myself enough in work lets me remember too much the family member I lost in April.

I went off-topic didn't I?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:48:22 PM by Kaiaatzel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:11:48 AM »
I'd get Commander Keen if it wasn't for the fact that I already have all six games accessible to me.   ::) (out of curiosity, did that pack include "Keen Dreams?")

Still, I'll have to get on Steam and look at their selection, see if there's anything of interest (usually not, except for the games I naturally already own or have access to).
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »
I'm still trying to make time to finish Portal 2, after the last sale.  :P

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:44 AM »
Skimmed the selection. As predicted, nothing of real interest to me that I don't already have or have access to, or at least nothing of interest enough to take the time to actually buy it.

On a different topic, I realized I actually had seen trailers for Dust: An Elysian Tail, but beyond that know little of the game. It did seem impressive though, but I'm not really one for RPGs.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:57:51 AM »
I saw the reference to "Dust", and immediately thought of "Dust: A Tale of the Wired West".  (Which wasn't a bad adventure game, for the time.)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets