Author Topic: Made a New Track Order for D1/D2 Original Missions Gameplay  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Okay, so yesteryear, I was obsessed with aligning the Redbook tracks with a theorized correlation of which HMP/MIDI counterpart of D1/D2 it went with; so much so that I even included 2 non-descent tracks and 1 3rd party remix of Game26 (D2 Game04) and two cinematic scores from the Descent 2 intro/outro cutscenes leaving 30 songs for a 30 level mission if needed. Here's the old list I've been playing with for some time:

01: Rusty
02: Virtual Tension
03: Mystery Metal
04: "On the Run" by Pink Floyd
05: Not That Button!
06: Death
07: "Burnin' Rubber" from Ridge Racer Type 4
08: Pain
09: Overdrive
10: Industrial Accident
11: Glut
12: Robotic Menace
13: Ratzez
14: A Big Problem
15: Are You Descent?
16: Collision Dome Excavation
17: Crush
18: Hydraulic Pressure
19: Gunner Down
20: Base Return
21: Haunted {Blatant non-correlation and occupies the Game21 reprise of Game12}
22: Time for the Big Guns
23: Cold Reality
24: Techno Industry
25: Ratzez
26: "Robby Station Remix" by Kaizerwolf {found on newgrounds.com}
27: Primitive Rage
28: Outer Limits
29: Final Mission
30: Ether in the Air
Title: Descent II (Extended Remix by yours truly)
Briefing: Crawl
Credits: "Revelation" (Descent 2 Credits remix by DjRedlight)

I deleted #4 and #7 from that list and rearranged the songs. I'll explain why and what which certain songs are assigned to what track number. This new list SORT OF combines the track listing for Descent for PSX, Descent Maximum on PSX, and some of my theoretical correlations from the list above. Some blatant associations remain the same while other blatant associations adhere to PSX track/level assignment. Here's the list. Track number corresponds to level number. 24 total, so 25-27 reuses 1-3.

01. Robotic Menace {was Level 1 in D1 MAC, AND Level 25 in D1 PSX, so this works out here}
02. Virtual Tension {Blatant remix of Game02}
03. Time for the Big Guns {Blatant remix of Game22, but was Level 3 in Descent PSX}
04. Not that Button! {was D1 PSX Level 4}
05. A Big Problem {Blatant remix of Game14, but was Level 5 in Descent PSX}
06. Primitive Rage {Descent Title, but was used in Level 6 on Descent PSX}
07. Industrial Accident {Level 7 in Descent PSX, but I also hear it was Level 7 in Descent MAC, yeah?}
08. Haunted {Level 8 in Descent PSX}
09. Overdrive {Blatant remix of Game09}
10. Mystery Metal {Blatant remix of Game03, but was D1 PSX Level 10}
11. Glut {Theorized correlation to Game11}
12. Pain {Descent Maximum Level 12}
13. Ratzez {Descent PSX Level 13}
14. Crawl {I didn't know where else to stick this. Crawl was used in the Descent Maximum Credits and was never used in gameplay. Seeing as how there are 13 Descent 2/Maximum tracks, and this was unused in gameplay, this could be appended to the end of that track list. *shrug* that's why I stuck it at #14.}
15. Are You Descent? {Theorized correlation for Game15/Got used to it being Level 15.}
16. Collision Dome {Theorized correlation for Game16/Got used to it being Level 16.}
17. Crush {Theorized correlation for Game17/Got used to it being Level 17.}
18. Hydraulic Pressure {Blatant remix of Game18}
19. Gunner Down {Theorized correlation for Game19/Got used to it being Level 19.}
20. Death {Descent Maximum Level 20; First play @ D-Max Level 7.}
21. Cold Reality {Descent Maximum Level 21; First play @ D-Max Level 8.}
22. Robot Jungle {Descent Maximum Level 22; First play @ D-MAX Level 9.}
23. Rusty {Descent PSX Level 23; First play @ D1-PSX Level 9.}
24. Techno Industry {Theorized correlation for D2 Game02 (Game24), but mostly placed here because it would make for an epic song for the final battle in Descent 2.}
... and then it repeats.
Exit Theme: endlevel.mid (no redbook/MIDI only)
Title: Descent II (Extended Remix by me) {Using D2 title because D1 title (Primitive Rage) is in use in this list for game play at Level 6.}
Briefing: Outer Limits {blatant remix of such}
Credits: Ether in the Air {blatant remix of such}
(inactive): Base Return
(inactive): Exiting the Mine
(inactive): Final Mission

Why am I sharing this? Because I wanted to and I'm bored and I've been inactive for months. Sup?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Made a New Track Order for D1/D2 Original Missions Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »
I still can't see how Overdrive is a blatant remix of game09.  I've heard what you tried to show me, but it still doesn't sound like the bass from game09 to me.  Every other Descent music freak thinks it is though so I'll bow to popular opinion.  Shame about the orchestral lines from the original though.  Good thing I'm the one doing game09 for Sol Contingency.  (And btw, the non-blatant tracks in Sol Contingency, at least the ones that are mine, are intended as originals! :P)

BTW did you ever get around to asking Allister Brimble about the non-blatant tracks like Not That Button and Industrial Accident and whether they were intended as remixes or originals?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
Remind me which one was the song "Overdrive" again?
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »
BTW did you ever get around to asking Allister Brimble about the non-blatant tracks like Not That Button and Industrial Accident and whether they were intended as remixes or originals?

No way... the day he signed up was the day he stopped coming here. I sent him a message but never heard back. Oh well. It shan't drive me crazy.

@Scyphi:

Overdrive

http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1015
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:33:02 AM by Texace146 »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 05:27:54 AM »
@Texace: Access to that album is denied.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
@Texace146,
That album isn't set to allow other people to view/access it.  Do you need that changed or can you do that?

@Scyphi,
According to his notes in his album, it's Game09 Remix from the Descent for Mac game.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
Techno Industry feels more like the D1 level 5 song than the D2 level 2 song to me... but whatever.  I'd rather see the redbook tracks as completely original.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »

Oops! Okay try it now

Techno Industry feels more like the D1 level 5 song than the D2 level 2 song to me... but whatever.  I'd rather see the redbook tracks as completely original.

Yeah, like I said, it was just a "theorized correlation". The blatant remixes like Hydraulic Pressure (Game18) and Virtual Tension (Game02 [D1]) are undeniable, but the rest are just theorized correlations.

I've abandoned the correlation gold rush. I just want a good line-up of tracks that go well with both D1 and D2 levels using all 24 valid in-game redbook audio tracks from D1 and D2, and I think Techno Industry sounds good for that final battle in Tycho Brahe... but I have no idea what the original Redbook song was that was assigned for it in Descent 2; in Descent Maximum, it was Rusty, which was a repeat of Level 11's song.

Descent Maximum song line-up just for kicks:
1/14: Glut
2/15: Ratzez
3/16: Techno Industry
4/17: Gunner Down
5/18: Are You Descent?
6/19: Haunted
7/20: Death (went well with that Level 20 boss battle; then again, it was a completely different level layout than D2's Level 20)
8/21: Cold Reality
9/22: Robot Jungle
10/23: Crush
11/24: Rusty
12: Pain
13: Collision Dome Excavation
Credits: Crawl (Never used in-game)
Title: D2 Title
Exit: (Cutscenes)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:57:11 PM by Texace146 »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »
Let's go over the UNDENIABLY BLATANT remixes. Here's all 24 in-game Redbook Audio tracks in alphabetical order:

A Big Problem (Game14)
Are You Descent?
Cold Reality
Collision Dome Excavation
Crawl
Crush
Death
Glut
Gunner Down
Haunted
Hydraulic Pressure (Game18)
Industrial Accident
Mystery Metal (D1-Game03)
Not That Button!
Overdrive (Game09, but subject for debate)
Pain
Primitive Rage (Descent Title MIDI/HMP remix)
Ratzez
Robot Jungle
Robotic Menace (Game12)
Rusty
Techno Industry
Time for the Big Guns (Game22)
Virtual Tension (D1-Game02)

Only the ones with parenthesis are UNDENIABLE and CLEAR remixes of the original Descent MIDIs/HMPs from D1. The rest are completely subject to speculation, including several from the D1 PSX/MAC version. What I'm trying to do is line up these 24 songs in a way that would match both D1 and D2 Level 1, D1 and D2 Level 2, etc. Why do I want to combine them? Well, because we have stuff like D2X-XL that allows us to do so.

If you listen to these Redbook Tracks while playing Descent/Descent 2, do you have a separate list for D1 and D2 or do you combine them?

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:13 PM »
I think the original track for D2 level 24 was either Ratzez or Robot Jungle depending on whether you were using the original CD or the Infinite Abyss CD (/GoG.com release), just to answer the question you didn't ask.  If you use the track order that Interplay released for the D2 redbook on their website (and omit the cinematic and menu tracks) the level 24 track is Haunted, although it's debatable how official that track order is (it's official enough to me that it's the one I mostly use).

I can't deny that Techno Industry for Tycho Brahe would be epic though.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
@ Texace: Okay, can access it now. :) Although, now that I've listened to it, I remember why I didn't already know it by name (definitely NOT one of my favorite D1 PSX mixes). I also have to agree with Kaiaatzel, I don't hear Game 09 in that at all.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
I think the original track for D2 level 24 was either Ratzez or Robot Jungle

Robot Jungle, eh? Say, that'd go much better with Tycho Brahe anyways since the level is a spacecraft and the intro of the song gives me the visualization of a bunch of steam thrusters... thrusting thirstily through the thickness of space! </th>

And I think Techno Industry would go well with Level 16; matches D1 Level 16's creepy halls and abysmal falls, and there's a part in the song where the beats get really fast that goes perfectly with the Ice Boss's Omega Cannon. I wonder why the heck they named THAT one Techno Industry? It isn't techno at all.

(definitely NOT one of my favorite D1 PSX mixes). I also have to agree with Kaiaatzel, I don't hear Game 09 in that at all.

Nope! Was never in D1 PSX. Just D1-MAC; thus, I am not entirely sure what level it originally went with, but I've seen the track listing, and according to that, I believe, if the tracks go in order like in D2, that it was for Level 8, but I associate Haunted too much with Level 8. And sure, let's call it a loose correlation then. To me, it "resembles" Game09 enough to place it at Level 9, because otherwise, what other level would it go with? *shrug*

Okay, so below I have a revised list. The original list I made for this post placed most of the D1 songs in their original PSX track orders. With this list, I placed the "indisputable" correlation tracks (marked with a "√") in their appropriate spots.

Descent Redbook 2013
Level 1 | Crawl
Think of yourself as a newbie playing D1 for the first time. You just got word from Dravis' briefing that a daunting task lies ahead, so what better song to set the mood than with Crawl? It has an opening that sounds like a doom march. Throughout the intro, the player is experimenting with the controls for the Pyro-GX. By the time that first "WHAM!" comes in the song, the first enemy, a Class 1 Drone, appears.

In Descent 2, if you played with the... Vertigo 3-disc thingy (the name of it escapes me now), this was the song that played for Level 1, so not much to adjust to there. Goes well with the emptiness of the first room then picks up when the action starts. Since this list combines Descent 1 and 2 songs, and the majority of the earlier levels are from Descent 1, it's good to start it off with some Descent 2 roots. A Descent 1 song to start off Descent 2's AHAYWEH Gate wouldn't fit in that well.

√Level 2 | Virtual Tension
The obvious Game02 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "2". This song just can't go with any other level, unless we're repeating tracks for Descent 1. For Descent 2, it still goes well with Level 2 because as mentioned above, this song just... EXUDES that "2" energy. It should be the theme to EVERY game's Level 2... heck, it would even go well with the underground-themed 2nd level in Super Mario Bros! So listen to this when you're on the 2nd floor of a parking garage, the 2nd floor of school, celebrating a child's 2nd birthday, or even while taking a "number two," a definite method of relieving that Virtual Tension! ;)

√Level 3 | Mystery Metal
The obvious Game03 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "3". It has been used in Descent PSX as the Level 10 theme, and in the Descent for MAC version as the Level 4 theme. Why? I don't know! But this song to me can't be anything but #3. For Descent 2, it goes well with Wenl Mine. Gives it a different feel, but you'll get that "#3 feeling" hearing this play as you shoot up some Diamond Claws.

Level 4 | Not That Button!
This song was the song assigned to Level 4 on D1 PSX. I've never played with it on any other level. For Descent 2, this would make a good song to fight the first boss in Robby Station with its rapid-fire beats and wavy bass lines.

Level 5 | Pain
That silent intro reminds me of the silent intro for the Game05 MIDI. This wasn't even a correlation for Game05, but preserves the creepy feeling of entering the 5th Descent 1 level. The low choir-aahs seem to echo through the long hallways. In Descent 2, the change in mood from Levels 3 and 4 are brought about by this different sounding song for entering the new Quartzon system.

Level 6 | Primitive Rage
That rapid-fire greeting you get at the beginning from the posse of Class 1 Drones at the start goes well with the rapid-fire beats that begin this song. Primitive Rage was originally assigned to Level 6 in Descent 1, even though it's a clear remix of "DESCENT.HMP/HMQ/MID". Since Descent 2 is a water level, there's a part of the song past halfway that glistens which could go well for the glistening waters of The Well.

Level 7 | Industrial Accident
Both Descent for Playstation and Descent for MAC have this one at Level 7, though in the Playstation version, it must have been the developers' favorite track as it was reused again in levels 14, 17, 22, and 27. Could it possibly be a correlation to Game07? Who knows. I sure don't hear it, but this song just goes with Level 7 for me; that's what I grew up with. As for Descent 2, it could give Level 7 a new feel to it. Goes well for that dogfight you have in the middle of the open area in the main part of the level.

Level 8 | Haunted
This slow hard rock song by Type O Negative has to be the most serene track in the entire game, yet goes well with an intense fight against those Advanced Lifters and Secondary Lifters. The screaming part at the end of the song that sounds like a school fire alarm goes well with the feel that we're in a remote location on Mars. It gives me the feeling of being in an area of desolateness. This part of the song would always be playing as I blow the reactor and make my way towards the exit. At first impression in 1996, I thought this song didn't fit in with the scenery at all, but I forever associated it with Descent Level 8 even more so than "Game08" because, well, I didn't know Game06 through Game22 even existed until 2001; I grew up playing Descent for PSX.

As for this song as being the background song for the Water Boss? Meh... I don't know. In Descent Maximum, Haunted was used in Level 6, and while that was a water level, it was also a non-boss level. I suppose it could SORT OF fit seeing as it was used in a Quartzon level before.

Level 9 | Overdrive
I discovered this song when I ordered the Descent MAC CD in 2006. I ordered the CD strictly for the Descent 1 music as I do not own a MAC. By 2006, I have already created all my Redbook-to-Level associations in my head from early childhood, so discovering this song was just awesome. Yeah, it sucks, I'll admit, but hey, it's an official Descent song! To me, this sounds like a loose remix of Game09. It has the bass line of Game09 in the beginning after the intro, but after that, it's just an abstract angry teenage garage band audition. I suppose this chaotic sounding track could go well for Level 9 in D1 for it's loose resemblance to Game09, and Level 9 in Descent 2 for being a scalding inferno; a place so hot you wanna get out as fast as you can and the annoyance of this song makes you want to do so even faster! It's not all THAT bad to me, but definitely not my favorite.

Level 10 | Collision Dome Excavation
Not having any other choice as to where to put this, I put it in the #10 slot. This movie score sounding track goes well with the treacherous environment in Descent 2 Level 10. To me, it seems to fit well with Descent 1 Level 10 because of the big rooms with the pits, which is a lava level as well, but isn't the real Mars' core dead? I thought there isn't anymore volcanic activity on Mars. Well, whatchagonnado, right?

Level 11 | Are You Descent?
Descent 1 Level 11's original song, Game11, was a fast paced sounding song to start off yet another level that contained an immediate onslaught of Class 1 Drones. This song fits well for Level 11 in D1 because of the fast intro then calms down a bit as you clear the area and delve deeper to exploire Io Sulfur Mine. Can you get to the red key without collecting the yellow key and without using cheats? I can!

As for Descent 2 Level 11, the beat to me seems to match the fans that start off the level. The orchestral hits go well with the deactivating walls. I think this song is just perfect for Level 11.

√Level 12 | Robotic Menace
The obvious Game12 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "12". This song just can't go with any other level. For Descent 2, it still goes well with Level 12 because as mentioned above, this song just... EXUDES that "12" energy. It should be the theme to EVERY game's Level 12... heck, it would even go well with the castle-themed 12th level (World 3-4) in Super Mario Bros, and why not? Afterall, in Descent 1, it IS the theme to a TOWER colony. So listen to this when you're on the 12th floor of a parking garage, the 12th floor of an office building, celebrating a child's 12th birthday, or even listen to it on repeat all day long on the 12th. For Descent 2, this song accompanies that Robotic Menace you have to face at the end of the level, concluding the Brimspark levels.

Level 13 | Ratzez
This song was originally Descent 1 Level 13 on the PSX, and as mentioned above, since I associated the PSX version of the songs (1996) long before I learned a Game06-Game22 even existed (2000) (since the D1 demo version I played from 1995-1996 had only Game01-Game05 and repeated on Level 6), this song just can't be anything else BUT Level 13. I hear this song, I think, "Europa". As for Descent 2, the channel echoing from left to right speaker could go well with the ice walls you encounter on the first Limefrost Spiral Level.

√Level 14 | A Big Problem
The obvious Game14 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "14". This song just can't go with any other level. For Descent 2, it still goes well with Level 14, because as mentioned above, this song just... EXUDES that "14" energy. It should be the theme to EVERY game's Level 14... heck, it would even go well with the underground-themed 14th level (World 4-2) in Super Mario Bros, and why not? Afterall, in Descent 1, it IS the theme to an intricate system of underground tunnels. So listen to this when you're on the 14th floor of a parking garage, the 14th floor of an office building, celebrating a teenager's 14th birthday, or even listen to it on repeat all day long on the 14th. For Descent 2, this song accompanies the cold environment with its creepy vibe at the beginning.

Level 15 | Cold Reality
I had no other place to stick this song than at a Descent 2 Limefrost Spiral level, and the #15 slot was the only one available. This'll be a new association for me to get used to, but I think it'll match up quite well. In Descent 1, that long intro will go well with the distance battles you face right at the start against the Hulks. Then, the music takes off as you clear that first room and move about the level. Feels just right for Level 15. In Descent 2, I mean, c'mon. It's colder than a well digger's arse, and this song is called "Cold Reality". Hello??

Level 16 | Techno Industry
This is a song I already associate #16 with because in my first impression of this song in Descent Maximum, it was used in Level 16 and goes great with that Ice Boss battle at the end. In Descent 1 though, it'll be a new theme to get used to for Hyperion Methane Mine, but the long hallways of Level 16 and the deep dark pits will be accented just fine by Techno Industry.

Level 17 | Crush
Okay, so I've said I've abandoned the wild goose chase of determining which Redbook tracks correspond to which MIDI "GAMEXX" songs, and I theorized that this one was for Game17, but while that lineup was around, I got too used to this song being for Level 17, so there it'll stay in my list. Goes with D1 Level 17 just fine to me, and has a dry desert feeling as the first level of the Baloris Prime system in Descent 2's Level 17.

√Level 18 | Hydraulic Pressure
The obvious Game18 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "18". This song just can't go with any other level. For Descent 2, it still goes well with Level 18 because as mentioned above, this song just... EXUDES that "18" energy. The hissing noises in the beginning sound like heat escaping through the sands of this desert level. I say it should be the theme to EVERY game's Level 18... heck, it would even go well with the water-themed 18th level (World 5-2) in Super Mario Bros as it sounds like it would go well with a water level. So listen to this when you're on the 18th floor of a parking garage, the 18th floor of an office building, celebrating a man or woman's 18th birthday, or even listen to it on repeat all day long on the 18th. Heck, listen to it while you're playing with the hydraulic system of your jacked up 1980 Cadillac!

Level 19 | Gunner Down
Like I mentioned above, I've abandoned the wild goose chase of determining which Redbook tracks correspond to which MIDI "GAMEXX" songs, and I theorized that this one was for Game19, but while that lineup was around, I got too used to this song being for Level 19, so there it'll stay in my list. Goes with D1 Level 19 just fine to me, and has a dry desert feeling as the third level of the Baloris Prime system in Descent 2's Level 19.

Level 20 | Death
This is a song I already associate #20 with because in my first impression of this song in Descent Maximum, it was used in Level 20 and goes great with that Alien Boss battle in the end of Descent 2 Level 20. In Descent 1, the zombie-like sound to it accents the access key carrying robots wandering about the mine.

Level 21 | Glut
I've never had this song in the #21 slot before, but the Puuma Sphere system is an alien world with lots of fancy monitors and widgets along the walls of the mines as well as lots of electrical force fields and Omega Cannons. This song sounds very electric and fits the atmosphere of D2 Level 21 well. Works with Descent 1 Level 21 as well because both D1 and D2 Level 21s are green and... I dunno! It just works okay? Gosh, stop harassing me, will ya?! :P

Level 22 | Time for the Big Guns
The obvious Game22 remix of Descent 1. This song SCREAMS the number "22". This song just can't go with any other level. For Descent 2, it still goes well with Level 22 because as mentioned above, this song just... EXUDES that "22" energy! "BLUE TWENTY-TWO! BLUE TWENTY-TWO! SET HUT!" (That hasn't gotten old yet, has it?) The power rock accents the electric and alien/high-tech atmosphere of the Puuma Sphere system in Descent 2. Do you know what else? You guessed it! I say it should be the theme to EVERY game's Level 22... heck, it would even go well with the dark overworld themed 22nd level (World 6-2) in Super Mario Bros as you go shooting Goombas, Buzzy Beetles, and Piranha Plants and jumping over warp pipes while jamming out to this metal track! So listen to this when you're on the 22nd floor of a parking garage (damn, that's a tall parking garage!), the 22nd floor of an office building, celebrating a man or woman's 22nd birthday, or even listen to it on repeat all day long on the 22nd. Yeah, I think this'll be the last one of these descriptors. Thanks for enduring!

Level 23 | Rusty
Because we all need a song to listen to while getting tetanus..................................................................

Oh, right, the description... *ahem*

<West-CoastStonerSurferDuuuuude>So liiike, there's this really cool depot on Neptune's moon Triton, right? It's called... Triton Storage Depot. And like, they got a bunch of fans and surf boards in there, and like, it's really cool, but like, I dunno man, it's kinda far to store your surf board, you know what I mean? Becauuuuuuuse... like... first, you have to basically get a rocket and launch into space, and... What's that you say? Oh, right! We'd just take the Israeli made Pyro-GX to Triton! HELLO?!?!?! Hahaha... duuude, I am so high right now...</West-CoastStonerSurferDuuuuude>

<MafiaGuy>Yeah yeah yeah, that's enough outta you! Siddown, I'll take over. Alright: D1 Level 23. PSX. Rusty. Capice? As for D2: Electricity. Circuits. Alien planet. Force Fields. Omega Cannon... RUUUSTY. Capice? Good. Now give Dravis an offer he can't refuse.</MafiaGuy>

Level 24 | Robot Jungle
Descent 1, gonna get used to it, blah blah blah... Okay, for Descent 2, BOOM! You're on this circular structure. You don't know what it is. You think it's a tiny planet, but BOY OH BOY... are YOU in for the shock of your life! YEE-HAAAH, BUDDY! Let Robot Jungle just... PRRRROPEL you into this Alien Starship and take out the final boss! Oh, and when you finish, don't let Dravis... *SQUAZZELCH!!!* Oops... *sigh*... *dials number* ... "Hello?" ... Yo! Katelyn? Sup girl? Hey, listen, I've got a small problem, hun...

Level 25 | Outerlimits
This song is used in the D1 MAC briefing and the D1 PSX "Level {X} Complete - {MineName} Destroyed!" screen and is a blatant remix of the briefing theme. "Outerlimits" will accent Level 25's remoteness on Pluto. In MY list, I made an extended version by very carefully splicing the track and placing it at a good repeating point to make it a 4 minute and 2 second length song for Pluto Outpost.

Level 26 | Ether in the Air
This song is used in the D1 PSX/MAC Credits, and is a blatant remix of the credits theme. In MY list, I made an extended version by very carefully splicing the track and layering it at a good repeating point to make it a 4 minute and 48 second length song for Pluto Military Base. The build-up of this song to a power-rock track accents the grated level and its intense robots.

The list will repeat for Level 27 and use Crawl. Crawl went well for the inexperienced novice after Dravis revealed such a daunting task was ahead of you. Now, you must face another daunting task; the final boss. Song accents emotions originally felt upon entering the game for the first time in Level 1 by encoring for the last level.

Title | Descent II Title (extended)
Appropriately, the Descent II Title Redbook theme will be used for the D2X-XL title screen. "Primitive Rage", which is a blatant remix of the Descent 1 title screen, is being used in-game on Level 6.

Briefing | Base Return
This is the cinematic score played in the introductory cinematic clip for Descent II and Descent Maximum on the Playstation. "Outerlimits", which is a blatant remix of the Descent 1 briefing theme, is being used in-game on Level 25.

Credits | Final Mission
This is the cinematic score played in the ending cinematic clip for Descent II and Descent Maximum on the Playstation. "Ether in the Air", which is a blatant remix of the Descent 1 credits theme, is being used in-game on Level 26.

Now that EVERY track has been utilized accordingly...

Descent 1? Descent 2? I now pronounced you "married". You may... PREPARE FOR DESCENT!

Yeeeaaahhh... Next time, I'm just gonna make a simple list! :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:51:25 PM by Texace146 »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 07:00:51 AM »
Quote from: Texace
To me, it "resembles" Game09 enough to place it at Level 9, because otherwise, what other level would it go with? *shrug*

It struck me that it had some mild similarity (namely in the bass line) with Game12. But in both cases its a fleeting enough of a resemblance (although I still don't hear anything of Game09 in Overdrive) that I think it's more of just coincidence.

Still, it's your list.  :)
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »
Quote from: Texace
To me, it "resembles" Game09 enough to place it at Level 9, because otherwise, what other level would it go with? *shrug*

It struck me that it had some mild similarity (namely in the bass line) with Game12. But in both cases its a fleeting enough of a resemblance (although I still don't hear anything of Game09 in Overdrive) that I think it's more of just coincidence.

Still, it's your list.  :)

Well seeing as Robotic Menace is a blatant obvious doppelganger remix of Game12, nooooo waaaaay man! But yeah, I think I'm happy with this list. Works for me! I'd like to hear how y'all line up the redbook tracks and in what order for D2X-XL. Do y'all separate the D1 and D2 songs for D1 and D2 gameplay? Or do you combine them? Make a list. I wanna see and compare lists.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
Oh, I don't do anything special like that, I just allow whatever default music comes with said level to play, and usually it's just the standard midis and such.
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets