Author Topic: It's Go Time!  (Read 6728 times)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
It's Go Time!
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
Yeah, so I've been a little quiet on the forums as of late.

Most of that stems from the fact that I just married school a few days ago and am not due for a divorce in almost two years.  :P I just started my next semester, but this time it's a bit different: The University of Alabama School of Nursing at Birmingham. That's right, I'm going to be a murse (man-nurse, for the uninitiated ;)). So I'll still be kinda kickin' around every once in a while; I don't know how much music is going to get done, especially since I'm planning on selling my MacBook (which means no more GarageBand for me). I just won't be around nearly as much.

It's been wonderful being a kid here on the forums for so long (dag, yo - I've been around the PD community for at least 5 years now). But I wasn't quite expecting nursing school to be quite this intense; hey, it is, and life calls for desperate measures sometimes. I still plan on moderating the files section if it ever gets flooded with junk (fortunately something we rarely have to worry about). Between getting my career started, marrying (sometime during or after school), and officially moving out on my own... I'm gonna be a busy guy. If I don't show up for a while, send me a PM (which I'll get in my email) just to make sure I'm alive. You guys are the best and I'm gonna hate not being able to be around all the time.

Hopefully I'm wrong about being gone. ;D

Oh, and if anyone wants a MacBook with OS X Tiger, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Linux Mint 7 triple booting for 500 bucks, let me know  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
Re: It's Go Time!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »
See you soon D2Junkie! I hope school goes well for you! And i hope you come back now! Or ill bring you back myself!  ;):P
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:09 PM »
Darn the clutches of the real world. Well, it was fun while it lasted! At least you will be able to come back to this at full steam when you hit retirement!... If Descent is still around. :P

Long live Descent!

And the best of luck to you! (Don't get stuck nursing old people!) :P
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
Real World? That dosen't start till he gets his diploma, or certificate, or whatever... Hey, good luck, man! And DO stop by now and then, even though you'll be busy as he11!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:54:29 PM »
Hey D2, best of luck, but remember not to let the real world sap all the fun out of life.  >:(

PLAY DESCENT!
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:26:44 PM »
I'm going back to college this Thursday! ;D
And I'm gonna learn how to use Flash.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I knew the Descent community was the best!  ;)

Oh, I'll be around occasionally. No amount of information overload will keep me from poking around with computers and with Descent. In fact, I've already got some new components on the way...

• Foxconn 577MHz - 1600MHz Socket LGA 775 Micro ATX m-board (ex. to 4GB DDR2 RAM)
  • 3Gb DDR2 800Mhz SDRAM
  • Intel Prescott LGA 775 Pentium 4HT 3.2Ghz w/800MHz FSB w/Heatsink & Fan
  • Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 Dolby/THX/Creative EAX Sound Card
  • Sunbeam 580W Power Supply
  • EVGA nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256Mb GDDR3 PCI-ex 16X 128-bit 540MHz SLI Video Card

So hopefully next time I drop in I'll have a brand-spankin' new computer to hit the mines with. When I can find time to hit the mines? Well, that's to be determined. ;) But mark my words: IT WILL HAPPEN THIS SEMESTER. It might be a little while (definitely not happening in the next few weeks), but it will happen.  ;D

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:16:17 AM »
Hey, you have fun at college man. My sister is at college now, and she likes it a lot. The good thing to do is to find a good roommate. :P

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 06:48:39 AM »
Good luck in your endeavors buddy!  Hopefully you'll be back in a few months.

PS: Do you still have that macbook in stock?  I might be interested, shoot me an email: evan.ruoss@gmail.com

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »
Congratulations, Eagle131, for the first major (8 month) thread revival on PlanetDescent!!  ;D

I'm still around occasionally; it usually depends on the workload. Sometimes I'll post twenty times in three days, and I'll be silent for two weeks straight. Such is the nature of nursing school. Every once in a while you get a weekend, but it's not often (case-and-point: I have to be at the hospital in less than 2 hours for clinical [2:30 PM CST]).

The Macbook was sold a while back. I've had a new ASUS since around early September.

It's good to see you around again, man!

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »
Career comes first then Descent. Keep us posted!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »
Sorry I didn't even notice when it was posted!  And damnit I could've gone for one of those....oh well!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets