Author Topic: Recommended video converter (and possibly a new recorder)?  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
Recommended video converter (and possibly a new recorder)?
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:08 PM »
Trying to convert video recordings for a playthrough of Vertigo on my YouTube channel. I've used RealPlayer for the last couple playthroughs, but something changed with the last update, and now my unregistered version only converts to purely audio files rather than video (not to mention the update was the only way to get it to convert a new file at all, apparently I'd used it too much). My home connection isn't powerful enough to upload an .AVI in a halfway decent amount of time, but my last playthrough confirmed that at least an .MP4 or .MOV of high quality is doable.

I'm running the most recent version of Fraps, which actually records much more smoothly than some of the other programs I've tried so far (Bandicam reduces the framerate to roughly 12 when playing on Rebirth on this old computer), so that's why I'm starting with an .AVI to begin with. But I'm willing to take recommendations for either the recording step or the conversion so I can start working on that next playthrough.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Recommended video converter (and possibly a new recorder)?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
I would suggest t@b ZS4, it's free.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets