Author Topic: Rigs of Rods  (Read 2951 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Rigs of Rods
« on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »
Rigs of Rods - Rigs of Rods

Free game and vehicle simulator, I haven't tried it yet but the video looks pretty cool.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Rigs of Rods
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:37:56 PM »
graphics aren't great, but, I am not that picky. Just giving them a hard time, they messed up in one area, around 1:30. right door smashed, but glass intact? oh well lol.

Offline Greyryder

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about. The glass clearly bent. That's realistic, right? ;)

Looks like a lot of fun to play around with.

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:49:42 AM »
The underlying principles look similar to Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software used by engineers to do virtual stress testing in automotive, aerospace and other industries. All surfaces are broken down into  tessellated meshes, (triangles) with material properties assigned for the physics. Then different forces are applied.

It is interesting but I don't know how much fun it would be to play in it's current state. I would like to see this applied to a Pyro :)
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »
I like flying the very very few planes made for the game.  Especially the God-awful Su-37 (?) vehicle.  It's fun because it's silly.

And then the MiG-25's wings have a terrible tendency to warp after extended use.  Hilarious.

I've yet to successfully land a plane yet though.  Good thing crashes aren't fatal or anything like that :)

edit: going to put this on my external HDD and sometime I'll load RoR onto one of the campus's gaming computers (maybe tomorrow) and slam a plane into the ground at max speed so you can see what happens. ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:53:30 AM by CrazyEnzo03 »
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
From what little I read site, there actually is a game and it's not just driving around seeing how different ways you can smash a vehicle. Scenarios and quests and stuff.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
You can put such goals into a map.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets