Author Topic: Anyone know of any videos with adults that has spina bifida?  (Read 1688 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Anyone know of any videos with adults that has spina bifida?
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »
Some things to clear up. Talking with a girl that says she has spina bifida, needs braces. As far as I am aware, no wheelchair or crutches.
She is concerned that when I meet her, I will not like her because of it. I think I have known someone at a store that has this. I actually went out on a date with her. I didn't like her, but it wasn't because she had some of walking issue. There were spiritual conflicts, and even personality.

I'd like to put this person at ease, for her not to worry. A video would be good. I can't find any. Most are kids with it, some are others in a wheelchair. Some just sit down and talk about it.

Don't spend too much time looking, but if anyone knows of a site with an adult that walks with it, with no crutches, send the video my way.
Thanks!

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: Anyone know of any videos with adults that has spina bifida?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
Sorry, haven't got any.  Naturally, most videos I came across showed people in wheelchairs (a lot) and every now and then a child in braces or crutches.  Very little adult or late teen.

I searched for (and variations of):
"spina bifida on crutch adult"
"spina bifida braces"

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Anyone know of any videos with adults that has spina bifida?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »
I was getting about the same. Most people won't take shots of adults who have it and label it that.
Thanks anyway.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets