Author Topic: Asteroid Remix Factory  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Asteroid Remix Factory
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
I figured I might as well create a new thread for all my D1 and D2 covers, instead of trying to edit the old one.
So yeah, I do covers of Descent songs as you know... and for some odd reason or another, I call them remixes, as you also know.  And there's a lot more of them there than there were when the last thread died, so check them out!  I even added a new one this morning.  And I have no idea what I'm going to do with that sentence a day from now.

http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=56
Don't ask me why the album icon is a leopard face.  At least it's better than the otter.
Maybe it can be changed to something Descent related if I can find something Descent related that's also visual and appropriate.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Asteroid Remix Factory
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
Listened through them all. Since I've done so and commented on most of them before, I won't repeat myself.

Although I will reiterate that I really wish would stay truer to the actual songs you're remixing, because there are times that the original song is so lost in your mix of it that the only way I'd know it's a remix of said song is because you said so.

I also find that usually the lyrics you've added to the odd song haven't really added anything to the song...although I will admit that you've been getting better at using them. In earlier songs the lyrics were nearly incomprehensible and detracted from the song, but in newer mixes that slowly changed and are better applied now.

There are two I wish you just didn't add lyrics to at all, your mix of D1 level 8 and D2 level 1, because the songs themselves I thought would be good enough without them.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets