Author Topic: D2-promod  (Read 7864 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: D2-promod
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
With a high enough framerate it's almost an insta-kill weapon, due to the framerate-dependent damage.  Definitely fun at certain times.  B)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
With a high enough framerate it's almost an insta-kill weapon, due to the framerate-dependent damage.  Definitely fun at certain times.  B)
Well, that's something that SHOULD be fixed by a mod. Either have a fixed damage rate or determine it by whatever "FPS" the server is running at. I guess I don't really know how much authority the hosting player vs an individual client has, so I probably shouldn't talk. Who decides who's dead?

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 06:24:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure Rebirth and XL fix it -- in fact I think it was fixed in the 1.2 patch but I could be wrong about that.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
It was not fixed in the 1.2 patch.  When I played D2 Win95 1.2 or D2 DOS 1.2, the omega shot so fast that it sounded like a solid buzz (which I think sounded cooler, considering it is basically a lightning gun).  One full charge of omega could probably kill two people.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline JinX

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
It's fixed in Rebirth. Everything framerate dependent is fixed in Rebirth afaik aside from an energy center bug I just found, but it only happens if you're using energy faster than you can spend it which only happens with a modified HAM.

Also this will be a gametype eventually (selectable in the multiplayer menu), so it will not be level-dependent.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets