Author Topic: Descent1 18th Anniversary party Planned!  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Tylosaurus

• Silver
  • Largest of all Mosasaurs
    • Descent Task Force
Descent1 18th Anniversary party Planned!
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:56:53 AM »
Hello everyone of Planet Descent  8)

On December 17, 2012 , this year, Descent 1 will meet it's 18th Anniversary, this is the date the game officially launched as the 3.5" FDD Edition.

As Co-Founder of the Descent Task Force, I am planning this event to take place on December 17, 2012 :)

Let's take a walk down Memory Lane shall we!  ;D

Within the EUR it looks like this:

Outside the EUR it looks like this:

This day we shall host and play Descent 1 based games only, other versions of Descent like Descet2 & Descent 3 series shall not be hosted nor played.
That people still play an 18 year old game always surprises me greatly, this day will be seen a major one within the entire Descent community and I will pass this on, in almost every forum I am a part of, to draw the greatest attention to this great day, one many of us shall never forget.

So hereby I am looking forward to see multiple games being hosted on that day and night  :)

Happy Flying everyone and keep your wings leveled!   8) :)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: Descent1 18th Anniversary party Planned!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
<--- Wonders whether it's possible to find a post by Tylosaurus / GoldLeader where he's not showing off his hardware or Descent collection.  :P

Offline Tylosaurus

• Silver
    • Descent Task Force
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »
It's my way of posting sorry, due to my Autism it makes me post in very similar ways, it's not showing off, that would be a very incorrect definition  :-\
I don't show things off, that would be just wrong. And no, I never mentioned I was going to show off something  ::)

If I have misunderstood your post, do let me know. American English is complicated for me to understand sometimes, especially numerous certain quotes, it says me nothing or It may read offensive.

As for my pics, they are there for a function, I never makes posts without a function, they add extra details which I find important. Most people that know me well understand this, at least you know now ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:33:07 AM by Tylosaurus »

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:30 AM »
No offense was intended.  I was just noticing that all your threads start with pics of your hardware setup and/or Descent collection.  If there's reason for it, that's fine.

Offline Tylosaurus

• Silver
    • Descent Task Force
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
No offense was intended.  I was just noticing that all your threads start with pics of your hardware setup and/or Descent collection.  If there's reason for it, that's fine.
heh it's just the way I post and introduce myself, I don't know a better way, my Asperger Syndrome & Autism probably make me post that way, so be it.
Anyways I was kinda surprised to see this place online again, looks good here.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:05:42 PM by Tylosaurus »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
Definitely better than it used to be -- probably because we're not on gamespot (or wherever) so we're actually allowed to make improvements.

Like I told you in chat I'll definitely try to make it to the party.  D1 multiplayer is really underrated even if I do like some aspects of the other games' multiplayer better.
In the spirit of the occasion I hope you use the Total Chaos set that came with D1.  I had a lot of fun there the one time I played it. :D

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »
Kai's right, D1 multiplayer really is underapprechiated these days, so it'll be great to give it a little love. I'll try and see if I can attend when December comes around (even though I'm likely to get my butt whipped good). :)

Hard to believe D1's gonna be eighteen now...although, admittedly, I do remember the game from as far back when I was about age five.  ::)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Tylosaurus

• Silver
    • Descent Task Force
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »
D1's multiplayer is the best imo, it does not have the cheap kill wepaons and reduced primary wepaons d2 has, somehow I don't like and can't get used to the physcs in D2 either, might as well play D3 then haha, sorry but that's just me I guess.
Cheap kill weapons are the following:

Gauss Cannon
Helix Cannon
Flash Missile
Earth Shaker Missles
Smart Mines

Head Light & Afterburner might be handy for single player, but a good tri-chorder does not require the need of an afterburner. A waste imo and this only makes the game more simplified, which all D2 was in comparison of the original all the primary weapons have been reduced in hit points per shot, the Grape Gun aka Spreadfire Cannon firs twice as fast in D1 and it does 10 hit points per ball as where inD2 it shoots twice as slow and only does 8 hit points per ball, Fusion a similar story, it has a max damage of 160 in D1 as in D2 only 80 damage points.

Tri-Chord speed in D1 is 1.73x as fast as normal flight mode, in D2 Tri-Chording only has a speedup of 1.45x, but since it has the After burner the speedup is 2.5x.

All in all D1 is more for players that prefer a much greater strategy, I have talked with hardcore pilots like Djcjr, DKH, Trent Hawkins,Big_Rat, and Flip and these people also agreed that Descent 1 is by far the best when it's purely about strategic battles that lack the cheap or say easy kill weapons and power ups which D2 has.

But I am very willing to host Total Chaos for you Foxeh!
Anytime bro! 8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:27:21 AM by Tylosaurus »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets