Author Topic: Ahhh... Sunshine.  (Read 3804 times)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Ahhh... Sunshine.
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Sunshine.  I like sunshine.  It makes a person feel all... warm, and perhaps a bit ... glow-ey.  ???  The brain fails to concentrate on the matters at hand and the body just seems to want to do other things.   Maybe that's why people start thinking about going on vacation when Spring starts warming up before Summer.

A few weeks back I was able to take a couple days off from work, and it felt nice.  Unwind a bit, think about other stuff, do other stuff, and then return back to work effectively refreshed.  That feeling lasted about ... a day.  I made the mistake to stepping up to a big window and examine the scenery, thinking about what I might do with the upcoming warm weather ...  and I was all ready to go on break again.  Yup, I need a vacation.  Got one coming up in a couple weeks, too.  Will be taking a whole work week and a half.  Not as much as I'd like in one shot, but I'll take what I can get.

Sadly, I'll only get one or two days to actually "unwind" as most of the vacation time will be tied up with traveling, visiting with the folks, and traveling back.  A few days later I'll be feeling like I still need a vacation. Oh well.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Ahhh... Sunshine.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »
Sunshine... ah yes, I think I have seen some of that. Maybe on YouTube or something...  :P
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
We've been having plenty of sunshine here in Arkansas.

A bit too much.

What a coincidence that while we've been having June weather in April, we're getting April weather in June - it's rained every day this month so far here. :)
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »
Not to mention June Bugs in April too!

I think time off work is VITAL to self-preservation. This short time we have on Earth passes by TOO quick. I started noticing the calendar pages flipping by faster and faster at age 13, and I'm 27 now; that seems like last week to me. It is important to stop and smell the roses; not just once in awhile, but on a regular basis. If we don't take breaks and vacations, we get caught up in this time warp tornado we call life, and get absorbed in the mundane routines of day to day tasks, and before we know it, that tornado lets us down, Father Time has kicked our ass, we're 80, and wondering, "Where, oh WHERE did all that time go?"

I just caught up with a longtime friend of mine from high school this afternoon. We used to hang out at least once a week. Now, we're lucky if we get to chill once every 3 months. It's ridiculous! Keep in touch with friends, reminisce about the old days, but keep making NEW memories to fill the void of lost time. Work is NOT all important. Why should we slave ourselves at a job and build for retirement when that time comes that we DO retire, we're too old to enjoy life? I'm not saying saving for retirement is bad; I'm saying, I don't want to be that 70 year old that's driving his dream classic car... I want that classic at LEAST by age 35!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets