Author Topic: Specific level causes D2X-Rebirth to crash  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
Specific level causes D2X-Rebirth to crash
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
I'm not sure where the root of the problem really lies, because the file to the level in question doesn't appear to be corrupted.  But Rebirth stops responding as soon as I warp into the level in question.  I haven't seen this problem with any other levels so far, and because it's the most recently edited, I'm also wondering if it may be a sudden problem with DLE-XP.  The file didn't work when thrown into another mission, either.

If you do take a look at the level file, by the way, consider it a preview to my next mission. ;)
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
Re: Specific level causes D2X-Rebirth to crash
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
Very nice level. The German wordplay really suits the level.

The problem with the level is that you seem to have flickering lights with a delay of zero in it, causing an endless loop. This is something I can fix in D2X-XL, and maybe also in DLE-XP.

I cannot locate the related lights though.

Your level also doesn't seem to have been lit, and the texture light values are off.

Edit: The lack of lighting was a DLE-XP issue.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:09:33 PM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:36:45 PM »
I had a feeling it had something to do with the lights... But I kind of expected it to be too many with special effects in one place. XD;; I had the lights set to off, except for a few flickering ones.  Fixed now, but I think I managed to get the same effect by applying lighting before putting the light textures back in.

And vielen Dank for the compliments Diedel~ :D
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
I will enhance DLE-XP to prevent such broken lighting info going unnoticed and being stored in the level file.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:19 AM »
Naphta,

DLE-XP 1.11 has a new function to check the lighting information - plus it supports segments with triangular sides (only for D2X-XL levels though, naturally).

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets