Author Topic: Is it possible to speak entirely in question form?  (Read 39175 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: Is it possible to speak entirely in question form?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
That's pretty cool, but which one is your favorite Zelda game? Have you ever played Link's Awakening? The ending is so emotional, I think one would not be human if they did not shed a tear during that ending, however, everyone reacts differently, wouldn't you think so?

I don't know, would I say so?  Do you think I would say so?
Do I think I would say so?

Is this thread really so fun that it's the only thread active on PD for the past few days, or is there some other reason?

Could it be because it is thought provoking and challenging?

Have you ever played my favorite two, the original and twilight princess? Is that other game you mentioned any fun?

I have not played the original as I was always into the Mario series back then, but hey, why not? Link's Awakening, which came out right after A Link to the Past but on Game Boy, was really well written as far as the story line goes, so why not give that a try? It was originally made for Game Boy in 1993, and redone in 1998 for the Game Boy color, so it may be a little hard to find, but can you say "eBay?" What was the name of that website that had all those classic games? I believe it's been referenced here before for where to go to scoop up a copy of Descent, but why can I not think of the name of that website? Was it only for classic computer games, and excludes console systems?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »
It's OK, I presume, to have never played any of those?

Of course, but do you have any idea what you're missing out on? What are your favorite types of games?

I could have just edited my last post to include this there, but I am lazy; am I not?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 04:57:57 AM »
I shall now be mean and post a statement instead of a question. :evil grin:
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:11 AM »
Did I just hear a discordant comment in the background?  A bit like annoying static on the radio, am I right?

Descent, Treadmarks, and Jetpack Joyride (for iPad) are what I typically play (when I actually sit down to play a game), I believe?  To kill time, I've got a strangely addictive version of Solitare on the iPad?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:15:42 AM by TechPro »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 06:43:34 AM »
No one mentioned my old classic "Call of Duty" game? Can you blame me though that my interest in Call of Duty is slipping because my friend who loved playing it with me, left? Can you blame me for not playing much anymore? Can you blame me because a new life awaits me? I speak the truth, but why do I sense you won't believe me? How can one be in this forum for so long and still not be trusted? Do you know the reason I am asking so many questions is because I have been gone a day? I ask, is that really a reason to ask so many questions? Well, what do you think?

Is it really possible I am about to break 1000 posts, playing this silly game?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:45:09 AM by Vanguard »

Offline Wraith-1

• Silver
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »
Is it really that silly if we invent an awesome new form of conversation in the process? And did we not establish earlier that this is not a game or conversation but rather an experiment? On an unrelated note to my previous two statements, what makes a game a classic anyways? Gamers everywhere rant about game design going downhill, but has it really? Or will the games ranted about now become classics in the future? Would it not be possible that MD-1032 himself is an avid fan of a game that today is loathed for it's graphics over gameplay design?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Isn't it funny how this topic was dead for over 12 hours and the moment I decide to reply, someone else replies?
Do games that change the way we play become the classics? Or are they merely just games that everyone knows? Is it possible that no one has ever played Doom?

Offline Wraith-1

• Silver
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
I have never played Doom, but is not Descent an adequate example of a classic FPS? As I strongly prefer games featuring vehicular combat (and I don't own Doom), isn't Descent the closest possible thing, as stated even by the manual? How did graphics become more important than fun, balanced gameplay anyways?

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »
Could it be, the users of this forum are asking more questions than any other forum?

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
What DOES constitutes a classic? Aren't the games we played growing up, well known or not, classics to us in our own eyes?

And yes, Wraith, I do believe that after being confined to the restriction of only asking questions that it does seem to evolve into a new method of conversing, does it not? The questions answer logic, don't you think? Since there are no periods at the end of any of these sentences, statement sentences must end in a rhetorical question, don't you see?

I think I just may type this way online for the rest of my days, and where's the harm in that? I'm challenging myself to write differently by ending in question form, aren't I?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
Do you want wraith to answer those questions?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
Would you please stop speaking on questions? If I commanded you do so?

I believe I just satisfied part of the OP, did I not?

I've never been much of a legend of Zelda player, am I strange? Though I think it fairly self-explanatory to say I played descent, no? I wonder if playing descent again might be a good cure for the stress certain video games in combination with a long hard day can create?

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
I'm challenging myself to write differently by ending in question form, aren't I?

Are you really doing anything differently, or are you just adding a question at the end? Is it really enough, to call it a question, if you just add "aren't I?" or "did I not?" at the end of a statement?
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
I'm challenging myself to write differently by ending in question form, aren't I?

Are you really doing anything differently, or are you just adding a question at the end? Is it really enough, to call it a question, if you just add "aren't I?" or "did I not?" at the end of a statement?

In this format I don't see why not because since the challenge is to speak in entirely question form, then to respond to an ACTUAL question, one should end it in rhetorical form, shouldn't they? But the art aspect of this comes out when you choose different ways to end statement sentences, don't you see?

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
Canadians have an even better way, eh?

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets