Author Topic: The Outer Reaches  (Read 16580 times)

Offline Mzero

• Silver
    • Dateiliste
Re: The Outer Reaches
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
Ok :)
I am stuck in level 2 with a red key and a blue door  ;D

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
Ah yes, the elusive blue key.

There is a glitch in the game which replaces the blue key with the red one, meaning you will have to completely reinstall everything.

Nah, not really.

Go to the first room and look for seams in the wall, you might find something.

Personally, I didn't like this, but I had forgotten about it.

Not only that, I've seen much worse, such as in Levels of the World.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »
Hahah, a few of those choices were basically to mess with players the first time through.  Sounds like I succeeded so far.

As for the matcen thing in Level 3... I'm not sure, but there might have been a misplaced trigger.  When I played through after editing in some of the earlier DLE-XP versions I used, sometimes a trigger for a different matcen would activate other specific ones.  That usually happened to me in the room with the yellow key in Level 4 and the yellow room in Level 6; that is, I'd enter the room and the matcens would already have gone off, even without me flying through what was supposed to be the trigger.  I think that stopped happening after upgrading DLE-XP a few times, but I never really noticed that much of a problem with Level 3, if the two are going off more than they're supposed to.

The levels were supposed to climb in difficulty pretty quickly, though, since there were only six.  For a while, I had trouble beating Level 4 on Hotshot from a cold start, and the final boss still gives me a bit of trouble, so make of that what you will. :P
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets