Author Topic: Guidebot Broke the 4th wall in D3 Demo #1?  (Read 10609 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Guidebot Broke the 4th wall in D3 Demo #1?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »
And Concorde 6 the pilot from Vertigo, who apparently joined CED or SRAD (forget which) after he quit working for Dravis.
What I thought about the retail version of that mission was that the only reason they actually let you into the armory was that they mistook you for Concorde 6; since the containment team that gives you access technically considers you an enemy (even though you never see them; the Dispatch at the beginning mentions it).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:27:50 PM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
Quote from: CrazyEnzo03
Almost all of D3 Demo 1's level was like what turned up in the retail version of D3 level 3.

I'm more than aware of this. But Demo's level still had many radical differences from the final product, and it was those differences that I was talking about.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 06:38:51 AM »
And Concorde 6 the pilot from Vertigo, who apparently joined CED or SRAD (forget which) after he quit working for Dravis.
How do you know this??  It isn't mentioned anywhere as far as I'm aware, unless it was something thrown into the books or something.

It's pretty clear though that the sound used is a leftover from the demo, being exactly the same and all.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »
There are hints in the briefing and in the level; and in the end it was pretty obvious to me.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
I'll have to try it again sometime then.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 06:44:23 AM »
I went and found download links to the D3 demos on Hunter's Descent 3 Sector and since past experience tells me that Hunter is usually pretty good at maintaining his sites, I have no reason to think they won't work.

In fact I downloaded the first demo, and it downloaded fine, so the links work, but after the file's downloaded, it won't run setup properly enough to install. Of course, I am trying to do it on a Windows 7 machine, so there may be an incompatibility issue or something of the such. In the meantime, I'll take the file to an Windows XP machine and see what I get there, but just FYI in case anybody else encounters similar issues.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets