Author Topic: A Rant About My Generation  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: A Rant About My Generation
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »
Nice guys finish last, but their prize is better.

True. If I want to get laid. I suppose it could happen. A girl has, you know, that enables a guy like me to do it with them.
there is more to a girl than that, lot lot more. Eventually, sex will get old and you'll be with that girl who you don't love.
love comes first. The sex can come later.
... What?

Clearly my definition of a nice guy varies a bit from yours.

I myself wouldn't just go out and do that with a girl. I was just pointing out that one shouldn't just go out and make love with someone, and then build on that. Love someone, be there for them, grow, get married, make love.
You need to find someone that fits you, personality and characteristics. making love only, gosh, any man and woman "can" do that. getting involved just because you two are great in bed, bad idea.
Isn't that what a nice guy is? :/

Offline Canceler

• Silver
  • reee!
    • visit my plebsite
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
personally i'm a social recluse, so when i find friends i consider it easy. when i walk into a classroom, i go to one of two locations: front and center, or next to some dude who doesn't look weird. of course since i'm attending a community college at the moment, it isn't hard for me to run into people my age. i'm taking one class in a computer lab, and when the guy i sit next to got on facebook, i hopped on and friend requested him and i was all like "found you on facebook SUCKA" and now i guess we're friends. o.O we don't really hang out but, now it's documented. :P

usually i find the straight-forward no BS approach to be effective enough. with most of the guys i work with, one day i was just like "hey x" "yeah" "ARE WE FRIENDS?" "yeah"

of course i'm also kind of odd compared to most people, so maybe that's why it works for me.

as for women, i tend not to feel the need to find "someone". i'm fine alone. but if i run into one i fancy, it's worth prospecting. what i used to do before was nothing, and i was ok with not having her. but then a girl that i used to like went to college and got a boyfriend and i was like "FUUUU" so i decided to not do nothing anymore. later i ran into this cashier at the store i work in and decided i liked her, so i went to my boss who is a total manwhore for advice on how to ask her out. i'm not into the whole being a whore thing, but i figure he must have some kind of method of madness for getting on good terms with women if he can screw that many. what he told me was simple: since she's a cashier, whenever i buy something i automatically have an excuse to go see her. so i would just have to go buy some small thing and be all like "hi how's your day been?" and make friendly, yet really small talk with her on a regular basis until we became familiar. the key is to remain calm, make eye contact, smile a bit, and keep personal things out of the question until that familiarity is established. rinse and repeat for as long as it takes until it seems ok to ask if she wants to hang out. not specifically "go out" but more like "hang out" so it doesn't seem so forward. i think i've gotten to that point now, but probably won't actually do it because i'm going to move away forever in like less than two months. but it seems to be a good formula and i'd recommend it.

also other tactics that i've read on the internet since that's where all the good advice is, is if you're in a room and you fancy someone in it that you don't know, make eye contact. if she catches you, don't break contact. she'll probably look away. if she looks back, try reducing distance. once within speaking range (about arm's length), open with an impersonal topic, like the classic weather topic. the point is to engage in verbal interaction. a huge percentage of communication is nonverbal, and the verbal communication pretty much only exists as an excuse to communicate nonverbally. eye contact, facial expression, voice inflection and tone, posture, gestures, and physical contact are better keys for interest than words can ever be, especially with someone new.

of course the above paragraph assumes a place to meet people you don't know in a setting where talking is even possible. how to find such a mysterious place, i have no idea. tell me if you guys ever figure it out.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
Strange, my experience at community college has been at least half the people there are in their mid 20s or later.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets