Author Topic: Well, I need to stop lurking  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Naphtha

• Silver
Well, I need to stop lurking
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
...And freaking introduce myself already. XD

I've been playing Descent since I was four and the game was brand new, and it's always been among my favorite games.  I think I probably like it more than ever now, though, and the idea of exchanging and playing new fan missions probably has a lot to do with it. :P I actually have a six-level mission I'm trying to finish off and at least distribute as some sort of beta, if anyone wants to test it.  More info on that coming soon.

I'm a college senior, a metalhead, an aspiring writer/graphic novelist, but not really into as much modern gaming.  I'm more into the retro stuff, and not just Descent but also series like Mega Man.  I don't really know a lot about programming and modding; I've basically been learning DLE-XP as I go, trying to figure out how to put the mission set together.  There will probably be some parts where I'll need some help, but hey, I came to the right place, right? :P
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
Re: Well, I need to stop lurking
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
Hello and, again, welcome to the Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment centerPlanet Descent. I hope you enjoy your stay with the insane people who wander around here, and may you... actually I'm out of things to say now. I think I need to stop the greeting here.

Anyways, your interest set makes it sound like you're going to fit in quite nicely here.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:48:43 AM »
Welcome to Planet Descent!... And you are welcome to post up your work-in-progress levels, I am sure someone would be willing to give you their honest opinion... if you want it...  ::)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »
Quote from: NaphthaTurisas
...an aspiring writer/graphic novelist...

Yay, another writer in our midst! :D Welcome! :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets