Author Topic: Any way to force certain options?  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Wraith-1

• Silver
Any way to force certain options?
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
Well, the three last posts in a row in this forum have been my me. Guess that means I'm a noob   ;D. Anyways...

I have a MS Force feedback 2 joystick, however I can't find any way to enable force feedback; the setup window recognizes my joystick, but the box to enable FF is still grey. FF works fine in Pyromania, any way I can enable it for vanilla? Command line option, external editing, anything?

(sorry, I'm 15...)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: Any way to force certain options?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
I've worked (as a tech) for 22 years, and I'm 48 ... and I've never messed around with the force feedback.  That means I'm totally useless to you.

The Pyromania "set" uses a lot (if not all) of the version 1.5 update that was never actually completed though eventually released (kind of) because it would probably never get completely finished anyway.  I'd bet that update included force feedback updates that version 1.4 and older did not have.

Because the 1.5 update is not available for all versions of Descent 3 (and for some other reasons) ... Most Descent 3 servers are not running ver 1.5 and use ver 1.4 instead which is more universally used by the Descent community.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »
Don't think FF is active. I used that thing for years and even for multiplayer and got nothing.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Wraith-1

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Actually, TechPro, you helped me perfectly.  I probably don't want FF in multiplayer anyways, and I don't really notice bugs most of the time (too focused on killing bots) so the 1.5 works great, thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets