Author Topic: top 5 cartoon and comic book villains  (Read 9851 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
top 5 cartoon and comic book villains
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
So what are your top 5 cartoon and/or comic book villains that you like? (anime and/or manga can be included to the top 5).  Doesn't have to be the main villain.  It can be nostalgic and/or non-nostalgic (Modern)

Mine are:
1. The Joker (Batman, duh!)
2. Soundwave (Transformers G1)
3. Magneto (X-men)
4. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic Sat-AM, not the other show (the Adventures of Sonic)
5. Invid Prince Corg (Robotech: The New Generation)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:40:59 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: top 5 cartoon and comic book villains
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
Hmm...this is hard.

Well, I dunno what order I want these in, so for now I'll just randomly list them off from the top of my head.

-GLaDOS
-Mephiles the Dark
-Discord
-Bowler Hat Guy
-And Probably Negaduck

*Subject to change as I think of the villains I am no doubt overlooking in the future.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
I don't have a top five but I have always liked Wile E. Coyote

Who can not like him after looking at this?

Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
Well... it's hard to see him as the villain period.  You can never tell whether he's supposed to be the villain or the (anti)hero... that kind of thing is why I like those old cartoons.

1. Wheatley
2. Dravis (in a "so bad it's awesome" kinda way)
3. Dr. Eggman (Sonic Adventure 1 version)
4. The Master (from the old Dr Who serieses... so evil, yet somehow likeable too)
5. ahhhmmm... I'll go with Mephiles just because the battles against him were the only actually good part of that game
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:51:19 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
Dravis and The Master don't count as cartoons or comic book villains. They aren't cartoons nor do they have any comic books.
Portal characters...IDK if they would count. There might be comics about them. IDK if they are official.

1. Zero (Megaman/Megaman X and Megaman Zero; believe it or not, yes. He is the one who supposedly brought about the robot apocalypse and killed the original Megaman. He can also go evil in MMX5. Omega is his evil mirror self in MMZ3.)
2. SIGMA! (Megaman X)
3. Dr. Wiley (Megaman)
4. Starscream (Transformers)
5. Lex Luthor (Superman; reminds me a little of Dravis)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
I don't watch many cartoons or read many comics so I can't say, really. Most of my favorites are video game characters.

Portal characters...IDK if they would count. There might be comics about them. IDK if they are official.
Portal II: Lab Rat is fully official and it does mention GlaDOS. So erm... I guess that counts!

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
Probably much like WillyP, I don't really have much in the way of favorite cartoon and comic book villains ... but there are some I have always liked/enjoyed.  Had to do a little digging (getting older, cartoon and comic book days for me were a few years ago) but here's some that I liked.
  • Megavolt ... cause he's just too much fun.  Always clever, never intimidated by DarkWing's snide remarks, lot's of great one-liners.
  • Wile E. Coyote  ... always a favorite.
  • Yosemite Sam ... admittedly not the brightest tool in the shed, but always a tool.
  • Doctor Octopus ... The original, not the movie version (though the movie version wasn't bad at all).
  • Doctor Doom ... The original, definitely NOT the movie version.  Always angry and vile while always creative.
If this was a list of six villians, I would have added Boris Badenov (original comic version) even though he's just a stupid villain wanna-be, he (and Natasha) were one of the best villains of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
I must have missed the comics part... in that case, I'm like Insanity.
Totally bonkers.

But!  I declare that Dravis looks like a cartoon, even IF it's only because of outdated animation!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:41:10 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:43 AM »
Don't forget Taz! Tasmanian Devil (Looney Tunes) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though I guess he wasn't really a villain.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:27:27 AM by -<WillyP>- »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 07:29:31 AM »
Quote from: NUMBERZero
Portal characters...IDK if they would count.

They're animated, like cartoons, so thereby, they count.

Honestly, I don't know how they wouldn't count anyway.

Hee hee, Wile E. Coyote...always did love those Looney Toons shorts with him and the Roadrunner best. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
But!  I declare that Dravis looks like a cartoon, even IF it's only because of outdated animation!

I've always thought Dravis looks like Mr. Burns.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:13:59 PM »
It's been so long I almost forgot my password.  :)

I don't have any likes really, but the one I disliked the most as a child was Lady Tremaine. I actually hated her even knowing she was just a cartoon character. Have a great year you guys.

Bettina
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
1. Magica De Spell (Duck Tales) [I always thought she was kinda hot as a little kid! lol! Maybe it was the accent.]
2. Lord Zedd (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) [Not a cartoon, but favorite "kid" show]
3. Bowser Koopa
4. Tom! (From Tom & Jerry! Duh!)
5. Mother Brain (From Captain N and the Video Game Masters)
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:44 AM »
Quote from: Bettina
I don't have any likes really, but the one I disliked the most as a child was Lady Tremaine. I actually hated her even knowing she was just a cartoon character.

That's like me and Rita Skeeter. Hate, hate, HATE that women, but I can't do anything about it, because she doesn't actually exist except in a book I have no control over how it goes. :P

Anyway, good as always to hear from you Bett. :)

@ Alieo: No offense, but I never understood what ANYBODY saw in Power Rangers. Even when I was six and in the age group to watch it, I thought it was a lame show.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 01:20:32 PM »
Quote from: Bettina
I don't have any likes really, but the one I disliked the most as a child was Lady Tremaine. I actually hated her even knowing she was just a cartoon character.

That's like me and Rita Skeeter. Hate, hate, HATE that women, but I can't do anything about it, because she doesn't actually exist except in a book I have no control over how it goes. :P

Anyway, good as always to hear from you Bett. :)

@ Alieo: No offense, but I never understood what ANYBODY saw in Power Rangers. Even when I was six and in the age group to watch it, I thought it was a lame show.

First of all, you either hate "those women" or "that woman." You can't "hate that women."

Second, Power Rangers ROCKS! I guess it was the constant changing of zords that kept me interested. That and Zordon is awesome. Towards the end of the series (Zordon-era) they made this story line that he had been captured and it was all about finding him. Yup Yup.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets