Author Topic: Desktops 2012  (Read 23323 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Re: Desktops 2012
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »
More additions (for August)-

Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Screencaps that I took via Steam
2 of these images contains SPOILERS
(Me Grimlock, king!)

images as walls that I found on Deviant art-

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 05:04:59 AM »
Luigi completes the Camel Sandhills defeating Morton Koopa and destroying the Koopa's Grand White Pyramid. He heads onward to the underground paradise of Caprice Caverns in World 9.

From here on forward, the Mario Maps will feature sharpened graphics with completely recreated land tiles. They will no longer have that pixelated 16-bit look, and now take on a sharpened 32-bit appearance. All sprites seen here were completely remade manually by me. Compare the August map with the September map and notice the detailed improvements.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
A little early, but new desktop because I personally refuse to forget.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Sidhe Priest

• Gold
  • Blackstar jockey.
    • Pyromania
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Same old, EVWM+Geoshell, it's perfect, you know.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »
My newest... at work.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
Decided to be a bit vain this month.  :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
Only a prime may light their darkest hours with the Matrix of Leadership-

Glados, forever alone-

EDIT: for those who are curious why I have multiple wallpaper images, I use this:
http://johnsadventures.com/software/backgroundswitcher/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:27:36 PM by Sapphire Wolf »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 09:06:39 AM »
Interesting, but just note that on Windows 7 you don't need any extra program like Background Switcher, as Win7 already includes a function to switch wallpapers every <insert desired time here> seconds/minutes. ;)

Anyway, I liked pretty much the second wallpaper (the GLaDOS one), and I'm curious, where did you found it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I Just found the GLaDOS wallpaper on DeviantArt.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:21:45 PM by Pumo »
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
Interesting, but just note that on Windows 7 you don't need any extra program like Background Switcher, as Win7 already includes a function to switch wallpapers every <insert desired time here> seconds/minutes. ;)

Anyway, I liked pretty much the second wallpaper (the GLaDOS one), and I'm curious, where did you found it?
Indeed, I make gratuitous use of this function. I just wish windows had better multi-monitor support.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 05:48:07 AM »

Indeed, I make gratuitous use of this function. I just wish windows had better multi-monitor support.
Like... How better?  (Asks a daily Win7 multi-monitor user)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
The ability to full-screen an application on one monitor and still be able to use the other monitor. The ability to have different desktop backgrounds. The ability to have a separate taskbar for each. etc, etc.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
Well, OK, I'll give you some of that one.  ... but the first item you can do in Win7, it just takes too many steps.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about running something like Descent in full screen on one monitor, but want to still be able to use the other monitor at the same time. ... Sorry. Can't do that one, and it isn't Win7’s fault.  It's a limitation of the design of the full screen app.  Don't blame the OS for that.

However there is a non-MS app that does the second and third items (and much more goodness). DisplayFusion is a terrific program I highly recommend.  Offered in Free or Pro versions (Free doesn't allow all features).

I use it in Free version and enjoy it mostly for having a simple keystroke to full-screen snap the current app to whichever screen I wish (worth installing just for that).  I personally don't really care about the many other features it does, but I highly recommend you check it out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:12:28 PM by TechPro »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »
Well, OK, I'll give you some of that one.  ... but the first item you can do in Win7, it just takes too many steps.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about running something like Descent in full screen on one monitor, but want to still be able to use the other monitor at the same time. ... Sorry. Can't do that one, and it isn't Win7’s fault.  It's a limitation of the design of the full screen app.  Don't blame the OS for that.

However there is a non-MS app that does the second and third items (and much more goodness). DisplayFusion is a terrific program I highly recommend.  Offered in Free or Pro versions (Free doesn't allow all features).

I use it in Free version and enjoy it mostly for having a simple keystroke to full-screen snap the current app to whichever screen I wish (worth installing just for that).  I personally don't really care about the many other features it does, but I highly recommend you check it out.
Shouldn't need to install a program to add functionality that should've been included in the OS from the start.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets