Author Topic: Descent-related remixes  (Read 7518 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Descent-related remixes
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
New one!

Descent 2 level 2, "Predator"

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:28:28 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:29:08 PM »
Ohhh, I could so see a music video of this playing in my mind right now. Starts off with a bunch of oddly-shaped silhouetted humanoid creatures scampering about working on something huge in the middle of the corn fields at night, and at right around 4:40 of the song is when it's revealed that they were repairing a flying saucer this whole time and the engine starts revving up as the saucer glows brighter and brighter and spins faster and faster just in time to avoid contact with a nearby farmer who went outside his house to investigate what his dog was barking at. After the song is done, the video then ends with the farmer and his dog walking inside and you can hear him muttering, "stupid dog."
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »
Ohhh, I could so see a music video of this playing in my mind right now. Starts off with a bunch of oddly-shaped silhouetted humanoid creatures scampering about working on something huge in the middle of the corn fields at night, and at right around 4:40 of the song is when it's revealed that they were repairing a flying saucer this whole time and the engine starts revving up as the saucer glows brighter and brighter and spins faster and faster just in time to avoid contact with a nearby farmer who went outside his house to investigate what his dog was barking at. After the song is done, the video then ends with the farmer and his dog walking inside and you can hear him muttering, "stupid dog."
Courage the cowardly dog?  :o

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »
Lol. :P

I actually like this remix a fair bit. It reminds me a little of some of the music they had planned to use for the defunct Descent 4: Invasion project from years back. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:30 AM »
* -<WillyP>- likes
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
New one: Assembly Line

D3 Style remix of the D1 level 19 music.

I've also moved all the remixes into a new gallery album, and I'll delete the copies in the other album shortly.  So if you can't get to them, then it would be because I forgot to update the links.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:14:34 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 01:25:18 PM »
Listening to this one (and apparently you did this in August and I'm just now hearing it; where the heck have I been???)... it reminds me of what Descent would sound like if Crash Bandicoot was flying the Pyro-GX. I like it.

So hey, what ever happened with your OC Remix submission????
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
I did this yesterday, finished and uploaded it this morning.  Dunno what makes you think August...

I'm not sure what I'm doing about the OC Remix submission.  I still definitely want to do it but I'll probably wait until at least mid-December when I'll have more time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:08:32 PM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
I can't hear the original song anywhere in there at all, but I can definitely hear the D3 vibes you put into it. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
That tends to be what happens when I make a mix of game19 :P.

This time the most faithfully reproduced part is the panning synth in the background (the "Square Lead" synth in the second half of the original midi).
That was what originally made me love the original song.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets