Author Topic: George Lucas makes more changes to the StarWars films on BluRay  (Read 29035 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: George Lucas makes more changes to the StarWars films on BluRay
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »
I think you can tell I don't know Star Trek. yeah.........

I just remember so many different advertising's of different star like shows. Star Trek, the Next Generation, Babylon 5 I think, some G name I think, I'd like to say there's another, but I don't remember.

Crash

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
I think for anyone that doesn't have a keen interest in TV sci-fi they must all blend into eachother and I can really understand how people see the whole thing as incredibly sad and strange.
For me, it's escapism from a world full of bastards.

I have to say, I could never really get into StarGate the series because of the acute lack of ships.
Vehicles seem to be a fundamental part of space travel and science fiction to my mind and my mind doesn't want to be pursuaded otherwise, lol.

I think they seemed to feel the same way later in the show but then you seemed to get one fleet of identical pyramid ships shooting at an identical fleet of identical pyramid ships.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
Keyword: Stargate, not Starship :P

I am addicted to Stargate. They have a lot more than just focusing on the technology aspect. The goa'uld used ships a lot. The humans would use their own ships near the end of the series and when they did, it was always epic.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
Sci-fi doesn't necessarily have to involve spaceships to be sci-fi, you know, but I think I see your point on that Crash. Stargate was a lot more "grounded" than some of it's cousin shows, at least until later in the franchise, when more focus started to be put on ships. Stargate Universe even dealt more with the ship than the Stargate itself.

Heh, we really have gotten off-topic, haven't we? :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:25 AM »
I have to say, I could never really get into StarGate the series because of the acute lack of ships.

Same here.

I'm not a Stargate fan (never got into it)... however, I did really enjoy Stargate:Universe. 

They're on a very interesting ship, but more importantly, it wasn't nearly as tied to the previous series (i.e. it was perfectly enjoyable in and of itself, despite my not having seen the others).

Crash

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to have a look at that myself.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
Too bad it got killed off after just two seasons.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 04:30:58 AM »

Wasn't that the same case with the Terminator series? I never got into those series; just heard it died quickly.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 06:33:49 AM »
I wouldn't know for certain, I haven't really followed the Terminator franchise that much, but yeah, I think I had heard via the chatter of the internet that it died quickly. I don't think many people really enjoyed it that much. But that's just judging from what I've heard.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Crash

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
When I saw the second or third episode of Terminator the series, I decided I couldn't watch any more.
It was incredibly dull compared to the pilot. I think it improved after that but I never went back, lol.
Terminator 4 was pretty good but not as good as I figured it might be.
Somehow it wasn't as striking as the battle scenes of the future from T1 and 2.
I think it was supposed to be the opening years of the war when there was still vestiges of humanity left; like warplanes and military bases.
We need another film further in the future where the robots have really piled the pressure on the humans and all the humans have is guerilla warfare and whatever weapons they can steal from the Terminators, like what you see in the originals.

That's what I was hoping for from T4 but I guess 2h 30mins of that woulda been quite depressing, lol.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
More like "too bad SyFy dragged it violently into a dark alley and left it to rot". The failure of both SGU and Caprica was due in no small part to their greedy high standards of profit and their horrendous time slot choice. Both shows were on the upswing when they were axed for "low ratings" because syfy put them at a time when most people are sleeping for work the next day.

Crash

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:19 AM »
I could never really get into Caprica to be honest.
They need to get back to fighting the Cylons.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 06:28:19 AM »
Never followed Battlestar Galatica, honestly.
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:44 AM »
I saw maybe one or two episodes of the Terminator series. girl terminator with that sexy look, bad terminator NOTHING like Arnold. just bleh....

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
Never followed Battlestar Galatica, honestly.
Get out. Now.

No seriously. That's like the best show ever.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets