Author Topic: 25 years of The Transformers: The Movie  (Read 6615 times)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: 25 years of The Transformers: The Movie
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
you seem to have an answer to just about every question I throw out there.

If you know how to get 'Solarwolf' to run on the iMac, i would personally crown you king.
They say it's available for mac, but maybe the older version/edition of mac.

You're trying to run this program?

Updated Mar 23, 2011: click here
I don't know if you've already been to this.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
Yeah, TNG is Star Trek: The Next Generation. While I watch TOS more (mostly because every episode of TOS (except The Cage) is legally viewable online thanks to CBS), TNG is still a decent show.
I get ALL of my Star Trek: TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise via Netflix through their 'Instant View' (view online).  DS9 is only on disc... still.

I've been re-watching TOS and enjoying it.  I brought up TNG the other day and browsed to see what episodes I felt like watching... and didn't pick very many.  TOS has a lot of replay value, TNG not so much (IMHO).

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Tbh you should try your local library. My local library chain has pretty much every sci-fi series ever conceived on DVD. There are a few disks that have some flaws but they generally work fine.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
you seem to have an answer to just about every question I throw out there.

If you know how to get 'Solarwolf' to run on the iMac, i would personally crown you king.
They say it's available for mac, but maybe the older version/edition of mac.

You're trying to run this program?

Updated Mar 23, 2011: click here
I don't know if you've already been to this.

thanks, but I get the same results. I went to start the game, and it won't open. Similar to Linux; in terms that you click on something, it shows it on the panel and then within a second or two, disappears from the panel. no error messages, no nothing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:21:21 AM by Vanguard »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:14 AM »
never got into Star Trek, but to be fair, I guess I never gave it a fair shot. Maybe the classics were good. The other ones; heh.
But, like I said; didn't really give it a fair shot.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 06:36:28 AM »
When it comes to Star Trek, it all comes down to the person and their opinions. Some like some shows more than others. For instance, I like TOS and Voyager better than the other Trek series, but others like shows like, say, TNG and DS9 more, which is fine. Then there are few that never got into it at all, which is also okay.

@IHateHackers: I like the sound of your local library. Unfortunately, our local library isn't nearly as diverse, though it recently got a much needed expansion, and they've been working hard to fill up that extra space with new stuff, so maybe someday... :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
Hmm, perhaps I should check out Netflix's Instant View service, but of course, when I mentioned every episode of Star Trek: TOS being legally online, I meant for free, of course :P (it's ad-sponsored), and I'm not sure about the Netflix service you mentioned, but then again I never checked :P

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
You have to pay for the Netflix service (not much, IMO), but there are no ads, and good quality video (assuming your Internet speed is better than crap).

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »
I'm assuming it's a national thing, one can pay for netflix, I think $8 a month; and have up to 6 accounts on it. 5 or 6. not bad. if each paid for the service; it's just a little over $1 a month

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
When it comes to Star Trek, it all comes down to the person and their opinions. Some like some shows more than others. For instance, I like TOS and Voyager better than the other Trek series, but others like shows like, say, TNG and DS9 more, which is fine. Then there are few that never got into it at all, which is also okay.

@IHateHackers: I like the sound of your local library. Unfortunately, our local library isn't nearly as diverse, though it recently got a much needed expansion, and they've been working hard to fill up that extra space with new stuff, so maybe someday... :)
Is your local library not part of a chain?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
If you mean that it can borrow books from other libraries in the area, then yes, but last time I checked, that didn't expand the list of choices that significantly.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets