Author Topic: How to deal with telemarketers  (Read 9589 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: How to deal with telemarketers
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
I don't really get the whole sticking-tongues-out-smiley things - especially now that we're applying mathematics to them.

I rarely ever get them, especially with those x2 and x3, etc.

I think my penpal did that a couple of times at me. is it one of those "duh" moments? or "dork"?

oh well.

Crash

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
Well, I think it's maybe that I suck at mathematics in general.
Dunno how it was a "duh" moment, never been to America, don't fancy getting patted-down that much. Just thought I would find ask what their TV ads were like.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
You know, I'm not one hundred percent sure what :P means either per say. I had just presumed it was associated with being silly. So, when you say something silly, to tack on a :P

The whole "x2" deal is just something I do when I have a lot of :P in a posts, with several in a row, so to speak. Basically it just means I said something silly (hopefully) twice in a row, or more often. Rarely, though, I don't go over "x2." I only reason I went as high as "x4" in that last post because I ended a lot of paragraphs in a row with :P and in the past, when a lot of :P turn up in a post, people notice, so I tacked on the "x3" and "x4" just to shake it up a little. In retrospect, it probably wasn't as good idea as it seemed then. In fact, I think I considered not doing it at first, but then changed my mind.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »
You know what people mean by 'blowing a razzberry'?
:P Is just that.  Usually it's taken to mean blowing it at yourself, because you're being silly.  But there are sometimes you can blow it at someone else, if they're silly.  In those cases there's usually nothing else in the post.

Crash

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 04:24:42 AM »
I thought it was a really good post anyway aside from the faces, which I just didn't quite get.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets