Author Topic: new avatar; nicer?  (Read 3498 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
new avatar; nicer?
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »
At the Mandriva Linux website, I still have the "mandriva penguin" avatar. Part of why I like it, it's blue. Part of the reason I don't use it anymore, I am using my iMac, and barely touch Mandriva.

I come here and see a black and red avatar that I created. Neat in one way, a bit dark and not that clean looking.

I like clean. I like blue (I know, green can be clean and it rhymes, I just like blue)

I'm curious as to whether or not this looks better. I like it better so far. It's my color :)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: new avatar; nicer?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
Well it's very...blue.

:-\

It's nice, I suppose. I guess it's just the first avatar I've ever seen that includes only a background.

But it's nice, I'm not saying I don't like it. ;)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
I know what you mean. It probably does need something in the center, or just something. but I don't know yet.

edit: I'm almost thinking of a Descent sphere that is black. I'll find something.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:05:06 AM by Vanguard »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
I like the shades of blue in that avatar, but I need something in the background, so for now, I brought back the Mandriva logo.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »
Personally I thought the Vanguard one was kinda neat, even if it did tend to disappear on this black.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
I have the default theme, so I have a white background. I saved that avatar at home. and I think it's in another forum.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 03:19:45 PM »
Personally, I like you new avatar ... even though it isn't mine.   ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets