Author Topic: Magnetic Polar Shifts?  (Read 10305 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Magnetic Polar Shifts?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
Anyway, going overboard about something you can do nothing about is a sure fired way for it to have some massive negative impact on your life.
Totally agree with you there. Like on 2012 I'll sit in front of the TV and laugh at the people going crazy.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
You know, when 2012 comes around, I'd bet a lot of people are going to bite the dust. It's a sad prospect. I'll take pitty on them.

But I'll laugh at the ones who are going mad, running around town, while the day goes by...

Hey, what about all of the people who don't believe in it? What about their security? Some believers might be really bad people and they might decide to take the world down with them.

My advice to you is to lock up your daughta, lock up your wife. Lock up your back door 'n' run for your life!

Actually, just lock down the house using any means necessary and be ready to fend off everything. You see a threat, you remove the threat.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 07:45:29 AM »
I'm assuming you mean daughter.

Was there this sort of scare during the Y2K?

I think there's more hype in this than anything. I don't believe the year will end at 2012. I believe it will go on. But for whatever reason, let's say it did, so it ends. That's fine. I'll be with the Lord. One day, we'll have a new Earth. It will be great.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 08:30:44 AM »
A new Earth?  Do you mean a new home planet?  I would not think it would be called Earth.  And it sure as heck won't happen by 2012.  And this one isn't going anywhere that fast, either.  On the other hand, we will likely get a new President in 2012!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »
Quote from: WillyP
A new Earth?

I think I know what Vanguard means by this, it's sort of a religious thing. What he's saying is that someday the Earth itself would be "renewed," am I right, Vanguard? Possibly not, I know it's looked upon in different ways by different people.

Quote from: WillyP
On the other hand, we will likely get a new President in 2012!

I'm not sure if that comforts me any, as I'm not entirely convinced any replacements for the current president will be any better. :P But I suppose one can hope, and so hope I shall. :)

At the rate things are going, I'm betting that 2012 will be the most boring year of the century, because of all the hype about all this supposed stuff that'll happen that, hey, probably isn't going to. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Ah! Kinda like the Genesis Device in 'Wrath of Khan'!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets