Author Topic: Enjoying the New Year?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Enjoying the New Year?
« on: January 02, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »
Hey all, enjoying the New Year? If what is happening to me lately is an indication on how 2011 will be, I am in trouble. I can't believe all of the things that has happened to me in such a short while. Mind you, they are small, they're not harmful, deadly, life threatening or anything of the sort. They're mostly annoying and most, if not all, relates to a computer.

1. Can't play Amnesia: Dark Descent because it can only play with an NVIDIA or ATI graphic card, not Intel like mine.
2. Couldn't play D1. I'll have to look at that later, but that can't run yet.
3. Couldn't play D2. Same as above
4. D3 worked once, for all I know, it still does, but had to deal with PlayOnLinux software. See #5 and #6 for more details.
5. Purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC. Couldn't run it though, and theory is "REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION". They believe the reason it failed to install, was a bad connection. Yeah, I'm aware of that, since Oct.
6. PlayonLinux won't even load when connected to the internet. But if load it and then connect to the internet, it says I am not connected at all.
7. Bought a netcard USB to connect. Yeah, that worked great. Kidding. NOTHING. Did not light up or show any sign of life. I found out it is not that Linux-friendly at all.
8. Got a Tomtom for Christmas. Linux couldn't detect it, but a mac could. After getting a voice on there, the map disappeared. Then I used my uncles windows system (also had his mac earlier), and that finally worked. Took up most of my Christmas.
9. Not PC related, but my temp agency short changed me a days pay :( good timing too, with one week with no pay coming up :(
10. Here's an odd one. I wanted to edit a file, and it was set to 'read only". I changed the permissions, even the entire folder, and every file was editable, except that one. It was never before.
11. And one, yikes, I got new ink for the printer. It know reads an error messages, saying black is empty. That's okay, I only use it 99.9999% of the time.

I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. I have been thinking of donating my pc to a local church here, it's a very nice one. That, and/or the Lord is telling something else, or in addition to donating the computer.
Soon, I'll get an imac. I hope.

So, anyone enjoy their Christmas?

Some good news, the ONLY gift I got that works is a Rocketfish mic for the PS3. Everything else I touched, failed.

Hopefully you find more humor in this than me just complaining.

Happy New Year all!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets