Author Topic: Bunch of D3 musics uploaded  (Read 10227 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Bunch of D3 musics uploaded
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:24 AM »
I'm interested!  That was one of the best songs in Merc (third best, after Pink Slip and Solar Igni).

And about the in game sounds... Schyphi's right for some of them, but on some songs (especially Merc level 3), the intro "transmission" was part of the music's intro region.  (You can test this in Merc level 3 if you record a demo in a later area, such as the barracks, and then play it back, as demos always start with the intro music).

Also, Jerry's mix of "Research" was completely different from what appeared in game (and I'm not talking about the Sol Ascent version).  It doesn't have the little beep noises that were all through the in-game version.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
No need to apologize, Vangaurd, it's nice to have choices!

As far as why some music have game sounds, I don't know, but some of it could have been that way in the game, like radio chatter, for example, could be triggered by the player passing a certain place or performing an action.

That may be so. some I can see, some I don't.
I'm not a mixer, if that's the right word. I don't know if anyone can give the early announcement in D3 Level 2 music an echo to it? I wanted to get an echo, but really have no idea how to. I guess the echo wouldn't sound right, as it would almost sound like it's coming off the P.A.
um, I think level 5 was the only one, but there is no announcement there.

Some music I like. I can't say mine was great. I think some of the stuff to that link is better; and in most cases, a better flow and more to it. Great job by the way.
One thing for sure that doesn't seem to have that flow is Level 13 music, between 4:05 and 4:09, either I got a bad download somehow but it seems to come to a halt, and the tune/music just changes almost unnaturally. Maybe I'm wrong.
it just doesn't seem to flow. It just sounds like parts of the song is missing.

For the most part, great job!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
Nope, that's how the music goes. That was the end and beginning point for two sections of the music and I had to shorten something the second segment just to make it flow. The song is in 4x4 time and if you keep the beats, that final note in the first segment starts on the first beat and holds for the rest of the three beats and the second starts up again at one in the next measure w/o delay.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
sounds like some nice music  8)
is it me or does that music have a cleaner sound to it, and not quite as muffled? clean is good btw, clean is gooood. :)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »
Quote from: Kaizerwolf
The one I've got now is 10 minutes exactly.

Curiously, my new version clocks in at 10 minutes and one second (with the last second being silent) so I'm pretty certain that my version is the same as yours. Which is weird. My old version clocked in at about eight minutes...  ???
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 09:06:08 AM »
Oh, that version would have been on PD before the mass music fixing... it was fixed on PD.com later.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »
No, my 10 min version I didn't get on PD. I DID get the 8 min version on PD...maybe my download for that particular file just glitched or something...  :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
I got my 10 min version on PD... but I got an 8 min version on there before.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »
Hmm. It's a mystery, I guess.  ???

Oh well, either way, it sounds like nobody needs my copy then. :P

Good, cuz I still can't get it to post. :P x2
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Have you tried uploading to the Gallery?
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 05:26:55 AM »
Oh, no, I didn't. *facepalm* Oh well, like I said, it doesn't matter anyway.  ::)
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
A New Strain is missing a sample... (highlongwhine.osf).

In other news I like the way you ended it.  Much better than the old version which didn't really end at all (and it didn't loop well either).

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »
It is an exact copy of Autopilot's so I didn't add that part. In fact, there was a whole section of the level that he didn't have. It was in the excerpt that PD.com had. I have that. It was also HQ, too.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »
Hmm... well when I downloaded the .com version the ending must have been cut off then... no matter this version's better anyway.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »
Oh, yeah. I did add that little bit at the end. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets