Author Topic: Remastered the soundtracks of some D2 classics (posted by request of Red_5)  (Read 18069 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Off topic: Vanguard, I'd post you a link where you could find more classic Sega Genesis Sonic songs, but unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, those songs are not currently up at said site, and I don't know when they'll be back up, if at all. :(
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
if you want to, feel free to post it, or PM me. If anything, I just plan to play that music off something. I have the Sega Collection with the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I have wanted that music on CD, whether the music is free or not.
The girl I am seeing has some, like "Starlight Zone" from the original Sonic. How nice it is to hear that again :)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
You can get Hedgehog Heaven here:
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-hedgehog-heaven

It has some other game soundtracks (actually including the D1 Mac soundtrack and D2 Redbook soundtrack, that's how I found the site), that are of questionable legality (I'm assuming they got a liscence to distribute them), but as far as I can tell this one is free anyway, so it's legal.

However if someone wants me to take the link down I will.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
I will have to check this out when I get home. my job has some firewall and I can't download it. Thank you.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Keep in mind that Hedgehog Haven is, as far as I'm aware, a series of remixes of the original songs, but none of the original songs themselves. And Vanguard, there's not much point in me giving you that link at the moment, because there isn't much you could do with it. When I said the music isn't up at the moment, I mean it. The songs are just...gone. Like I said, notifications indicate that it's just temporary until some unexplained technical issues are sorted out, and the site is usually pretty good at following through with their word, but you never know, so I'm hesitant.

Of course, I'm watching the site for when the music might go back up, though, so if you want to do likewise, I suppose I could do that. That way, I wouldn't have to watch it so closely anymore, as I already have the songs myself. But not all of them, (didn't want all of them) hence why I just don't upload them here for you. That, and the inevitable legality issues that would arise.  ::)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
very cool! How was that done? I know some songs can be purchased, like the amazon mp3 thing they have going.
Yeah, you beat her to it. She's been quite busy, as I have been some too.

I'm sure there are a lot of Sonic music from the original to Sonic and Knuckles that I would like. But Starlight, mystic cave, hilltop (what she has), and oil ocean, and I think some others.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Mystic cave...one of my personal favorites. :)
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
yeah, some of that music sure is nice. I think it's Sonic 2s' boss theme that I like. That used to play a lot in my head.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Woah, how did this get spun into Sonic?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
One has to remember, we never stay on topic, and another, it was my fault. sorry.

Someone had mentioned Sonic on here, and this girl I am with recently gave me some sonic music.

If anyone wants to send me a link, or if I could download other songs, like I did with "oil ocean", I'd greatly appreciate it.

We can get back on topic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:18:12 AM by Vanguard »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
yeah, some of that music sure is nice. I think it's Sonic 2s' boss theme that I like. That used to play a lot in my head.

Play the D2 Lost Levels.
Get to level 22.
You'll find a nice surprise...

Honestly this thread had run its course already anyway, it doesn't need to stay on topic (my thread I decide :P).

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
if I could, I'd play it, but I don't have Descent 2. I don't even know if my iMac will play it or not. It won't let me play Descent 1.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Are you trying to play vanilla D1 or through a source port?

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
if I could, I'd play it, but I don't have Descent 2. I don't even know if my iMac will play it or not. It won't let me play Descent 1.
That's too bad.  I've got D2X on my work iMac (for break time only, honest).  Actually works pretty good.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets