Author Topic: Sublevel Zero Redux Release!  (Read 5433 times)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Sublevel Zero Redux Release!
« on: July 13, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
Sigtrap Games dropped PC 6DOF'ers a nice surprise today in the form of the release of Sublevel Zero Redux, an expanded version of their hit indie 6DOF shooter. It features a whole slew of new features, including new classes, new enemies, a remixed campaign, VR support, and more. In celebration of the release, they're listing the game for 35% off, and owners of vanilla Sublevel Zero will receive the updated version for free. From the Steam News announcement page:

Additionally, the original composer for the music of Sublevel Zero returns and has added new audio tracks to the Redux version.

I'm of the opinion that Sublevel Zero is the best 6DOF game since Descent (or Forsaken, if you were into that one too). It's a fun, very replayable corridor shooter, and the rogue-lite elements (procedural generation, perma-death, and crafting) are so unobtrusive and well-implemented that it adds to the charm of the game without bogging down the intense moment-to-moment action. At just under 10 bucks on sale today, there's no reason any Descent fan shouldn't pick it up.

Get it on Steam!

Get it on GOG!

Expect roncli to speedrun this before you've had a chance to read this post.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:48:38 PM by D2Disciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Re: Sublevel Zero Redux Release!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
EDIT: Thanks to being on vacation and a particularly ugly day out at the beach, I was able to whip out my Xbox One controller and binge the new Redux to my hearts content, and, less than 48 hours post-release, I am (apparently) the first to unlock the first three advanced campaign levels. Pretty proud of that myself, if I do say so m'self.

Watch me crush "Sublevel 0" (the first mission) here; all action, no goofy commentary  ;): Sublevel Zero Redux - Advanced Campaign Sublevel 0 (No commentary)

Sublevels 1 and 2 are also already recorded and edited but unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait until I get home to a better connection tomorrow to upload... It took over an hour for this one to upload.  :(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:04:44 PM by D2Disciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets