Author Topic: What's up, PD.net?  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Re: What's up, PD.net?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Yeah, during a spambot attack IIRC, or something like that.
I was nicknamed like on of my characters back then (Pumi Pashuli Omuyi :P).
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »
Yes I remember that, because I hadn't known Pumi's full name 'till then.
Some of us didn't change our names (or maybe switched names! XD  Who could tell if Scyphi is actually Foil..., if Foil is a good enough actor... or is that Scyphi who's a good actor? :P)  I could tell if I met them in-game, actually... but that's a whole other story.
Many of us changed our names and then changed them back.  And two of us loved it so much we never bothered to change back.  Well, Matthew might have had a different reason.  I'm pretty sure it was Matthew and not some new guy...

:P

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 06:29:05 AM »
that was a fun time  ::)

I coul dhave put "not vanguard" to make it easier. I've loved the name, and been Vanguard for so long, it's hard to get rid of it. But at some point, I came across Linux Blue.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Yes I remember that, because I hadn't known Pumi's full name 'till then.
Some of us didn't change our names (or maybe switched names! XD  Who could tell if Scyphi is actually Foil..., if Foil is a good enough actor... or is that Scyphi who's a good actor? :P)  I could tell if I met them in-game, actually... but that's a whole other story.
Many of us changed our names and then changed them back.  And two of us loved it so much we never bothered to change back.  Well, Matthew might have had a different reason.  I'm pretty sure it was Matthew and not some new guy...

:P
I never really liked having Matthew as my nick, it was just something I kept for recognizability. I don't use that anywhere now. As for why I don't just change my name here to match everywhere else... *shrug*

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »
SMF issued a patch to plug the hole of having the same username and display name, though I never understood the explanation of why that was a security risk and don't remember the details now anyway. So change your name back, if you wish.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Do_Checkor

• Silver
    • www.descentforum.de
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »
Oh - look who's there!
Yo Foil, Dwn, Hunter, Pumo and gang ...

Good to see DwnUndr is not dead as I feared. :p

So the way I see it the most won't recognize me anymore - fair enough - but for those wo are wondering:

I am the admin and founder of Descentforum.NET, Descentforum.de, Descentforum.net/ServerOps, TalonGame.NET, TalonGame.de, Do-Clan.de
Formerly I was the file manager and news hound as well as POTD admin for PlanetDescent.com as well as admin for DFiles.de
And I am still the one who is hosting game servers, team speak, irc and web chats, file archives, SODs, subdomains to rescue old descent web sites and stuff.
Some may know me as the moderator on DBB.net for the Multiplayer forum and the ServerOp subforum - well enough bragging ;-p

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:02:40 PM by Do_Checkor »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
You are certainly well known in the Descent community and it's good to see you on here.

Offline Do_Checkor

• Silver
    • www.descentforum.de
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »
You are certainly well known in the Descent community and it's good to see you on here.

haha - thanks - but - well that is just because you are old :-p
No I mean you have already been contributing to help keeping Descent alive for long enough to still know me - but when I read through the topic I thought it would be fair to introduce myself as I have not been around PD for a LONG time after .com died. Would be kinda ignorant to expect that everyone knows me / should know me ;-)

Also said that to say: If anyone has a problem with any of these sites / services / servers that I'd be the best to get in touch with...

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »
Understood. Though, most of us here are old-timers from the old PlanetDescent.com.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 07:21:04 AM »
Seeing I was around for PD.com for a good while too, does that make me an "old-timer" too? :P

How ya doing, Do_Checkor? :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
I'm not exactly, since bugs on PD.com stopped me from actually doing anything else after I signed up, but I met you anyway :P.  More recently.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets