Author Topic: World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken  (Read 9007 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 06:03:22 AM »
Photoshop. I know, because it's one of my favorite programs. :P

Most of these are fairly clearly not Photoshopped, though, and if they are, they are quite expertly and astoundingly done.

My little sister has been watching a lot of Ghost Hunters on Netflix, and I've got bits and pieces of it. I find their methodology for their "hunting" is very bias from the beginning, though. They typically go into a case fully expecting to find some kind of paranormal activity, and very rarely consider every possible explanation like they ought to be doing. And they show a LOT of wishful thinking with their audio recordings of said "ghosts."

It's not that I don't think spirits exist, I just have a hard time believing spirits come back from the dead just "to preform feng shui" on a room, as a comic I recently read aptly put it, so I do tend to take most ghost stories with a grain of salt.  ::)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 06:52:27 AM »
Yep, Photoshopped. That's the word. Thank you.

Anything on TV is instantly harder to believe, my opinion anyway. I believe in ghosts; as  I was in a haunted house for 8 months; hearing singing just outside the door, only to hear quiet when I open it. Strange eyes under the bed I believe; an actual white ghost, image of a young girl approaching me.
My whole family had something as well, whether it was other odd things happening, or feeling a strong presence.
And despite all that, it's still at times, hard to believe other people that have seen things.

I believe there's more to what goes on in this Earth than what we can see with our own eyes. With that being said, it may very well explain some of the pictures with figures in them.

Water one could still be some mirage, reflection, etc.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »
Quote from: Vanguard
I believe there's more to what goes on in this Earth than what we can see with our own eyes.

Well said, concurred completely. One just also needs to be open-minded to all the possibilities, and this is especially so with with the seemingly bizarre. Like what has already been said, just because it seems bizarre, and it'd be undeniably neat for it to be bizarre, doesn't mean it actually is.

For example, the Goddard's Squadron photograph (#2 in the video) could be photographic evidence of a ghost or like spirit...or it could also be a neat effect caused by double-exposure, something that could be easily done with the cameras of the day, especially accidentally. Until you can rule out either one, both (or more) possibilities ought to be considered.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets