Author Topic: New stuff on my Soundcloud  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
New stuff on my Soundcloud
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
Just like Pumo did yesterday, I also have some new stuff to advertise -- though not as extensive an amount of stuff.
I was going to announce it yesterday but after Pumo made his awesome update I completely forgot!  So if you haven't checked out Pumo's update yet you really should go check it out.

But that's not the point of this post.
If you want to listen to some wierd electronic music (mostly vocal since most of the instrumental music I've been composing has been going to either LUX or Sol Contingency) head over to soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.  And if you haven't already, check out the Maniacal Valleys EP: soundcloud.com/snowfoxden/sets/maniacal-valleys-ep.  You might even find some very Pumo Mines-influenced songs on there :P.

I've also got a few new songs (well Plummet is the only new one, the others have been here, unnanounced, for some time) here in the gallery that I've deliberately not shared in other places yet for my own reasons:

Plummet:
Very dark and helpless feeling.  Because that's how I was feeling when I wrote it.

Tiny Dark Nation:
My tribute to Lyris's music style, in a completely different music style.  With a random cute jaguar!  But is it really random?... DUNH DUNH DUNH!!!!

Flowing:
Where I sing with a french accent for some reason even I don't know.  And if you've read the Odd Canon stuff I posted, this could be far more ominous than it sounds...  There are a bunch of shoutouts to Bahagad Outbreak, of all things, in here if you listen closely.  I wanted to perform the piano lines on a real piano, but all I have is the piano, I don't really have the equipment to mic it.
(No items to show)
Knights Who Say...:
Which I think is almost a year old now, this was me testing Slicex's ability to slice up sound files.  So it must have been reasonably soon after I upgraded to FL Signature Bundle.  Anyone who recognizes the image will also recognize the vocals.  Anyone who doesn't recognize the image probably won't get it at all.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:25:23 PM by Kaiaatzel »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Re: New stuff on my Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »
Nice stuff!

I particularly liked 'Knights to say' and 'Tiny Dark Nation' (although I haven't analysed the lyrics carefully), as those have a pretty nice dark Electro Hip-Hopesque style.
Good work!

And BTW, I really need to see more Monty Python better understand your references.
As for now I've only watched a few sketches (that I must say I liked a lot!) like the Spanish Inquisition and the Dead Parrot ones. Man, those were extremely hilarous! xD

Oh, and I also would like to point out that your voice sounds very similar to Damon Albarn's voice, so it could be a nice addition to your music catalogue if you make a song in the musical style of Gorillaz! ;)
(Something like Superfast Jellyfish or Feel Good Inc, as an example of musicality, but in your own style).

Just throwing some ideas here and there. :P

EDIT: I'm checking now some of your Soundcloud songs. Man, those are reaaalllyyy nice! I liked them a lot! :O
Some of your best works that I've heard so far (Biohazard sounds great!)  8)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:06:28 AM by Pumo »
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »
I'll take a listen to Gorrilaz so I can see what you mean.  I've certainly heard of them somewhere.  This is a time where I seem to be getting into new bands and musicians (Nine Inch Nails, Julien-k, SeamlessR, as well as Citadelia and Trance Asylum on Soundcloud) so who knows what could happen :D.
The Spanish Inquisition is my personal favourite Python sketch.  And I think I've seen all of them.  Knights Who Say... is actually based on a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail though.

And if I remember correctly Biohazard took a little bit of influence from Complot :P.  Which I still have on my mp3 player.
Hypergrown Jungle was more influenced from the level 16 midi from TNT Evilution.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:11:08 AM by Kaiaatzel »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:40 AM »
Oh yeah, the song from Target: Uranus level 4. I still have to make some improvements on it for the re-release of both the MV and T:Uranus soundtracks.

Oh, and BTW, I featured 'Biohazard' on my R.a.M. Land Facebook page. ;)
You should also create an artist Facebook page so I can add you from my R.a.M. Land account.
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
I'll see about making a facebook artist page, I haven't used facebook much at all lately except connecting with family.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
Okay, "The Knights Who Say..." was kinda catchy. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:15:43 AM »
I didn't care for Plummet or Flowing. "Knights that say..." is catchy ... but the vocal gets a bit old half way through.  Tiny Dark Nation is alright.

Keep in mind, a lot of it isn't quite what I'd listen to often.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:05 AM »
Yeah I get that.
For me there's little fun in doing the "usual".  If doing the extremely unusual means that some people don't like my work as much, that's a sacrifice I have to be willing to make.

I actually added a couple of other songs (both of them a few months old) to the gallery a few days ago after I removed them from soundcloud to make room for more stuff.  I really like both of them and I want to be sharing them to people somehow.:P
Yet somehow I forgot to put them here.  Or maybe uploaded them just after I posted this thread?

"Startide"
A slow electro-rock from the POV of a beached dolphin, determined to return to the sea.  Proves how much I love harpsichord.

"The Haunted One"
Skinny Puppy/Nine-Inch Nails style industrial mixed with spanish guitar.  Proves how much I love trombone.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:46:50 AM by Kaiaatzel »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets