Author Topic: Desktops 2013  (Read 17163 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Desktops 2013
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 06:28:02 AM »
Wait, no, that's Prometheus. Daedalus has the hang pods adjacent the engines.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 08:19:28 AM »
You're...still on the right track.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
Is this a Stargate ship?  It has a similar look to the Destiny in Stargate Universe (the only SG series I've watched).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:39:23 AM by Foil »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
Yes, it is a Stargate ship. Nobody has named it yet, though.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
... and you're all getting warmer!   :)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
Is it the traveler ship?

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 09:22:19 PM »
Yup.  The Ancient's "Aurora Class" ship that the Travelers got a hold of.

The hard part, is finding the episode where the pic takes place.  I almost thought that pic wasn't actually in the episodes (I reviewed them looking for it) ... and then I realized it's there in an episode, but this copy is a mirror image.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Is it Aurora or a traveler ship? I iz confused.

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »
Travelers.

"Aurora Class" is just what the humans call that ship design.  They didn't know what the ancients called that style of ship, but they encountered the Aurora and after that they called that ship style "Aurora Class" just to simply say that it's a ship of the same design as the Aurora.

Man, I haven't visited this site in far too long.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 06:24:00 AM »
I was looking around on the Stargate Wiki for any additional details to provide, and found the same pic as Techpro's desktop in one of their articles. The ship portrayed is apparently the Orion (or at least the scene was first constructed in association with the Orion, and then was recycled in later episodes for other ships where convenient). Link to pic
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »
... continuing slightly off topic ...

The Orion?  That was the name Shepard gave the ship they found in a hanger at the planet where the people were living on top of a huge volcanic caldera (which was going to explode soon) and were using Ancient technology to tap the power from the volcanic activity.   Shepard picked the name spur of the moment for lack of any other name.

It was in need of lots of repair and without the "Ancient gene" none of the people could activate the systems.  Along came the humans and Shepard (who has the Ancient gene) activated systems and Rodney Mckay got it running enough for them to ride the shock wave of the explosion of the volcanic caldera enough for them to then trigger the hyperdrive just enough to reach orbit.  That was about all they could do with it at that point (because hadly anything was working).  Doing that allowed them to rescue a whole bunch of people from the volcanic explosion which made the planet uninhabitable for many years.

That ship next appeared when they "borrowed it" to help battle a couple wraith ships.  However they had a hard time getting the weapons systems to work (a lot of stuff still wasn't working on the "Orion") and shortly after unleashing a bunch of drones which took out a wraith ship, the "Orion" had suffered too much battle damage and had to be abandoned right before it was destroyed.

Funny, the episodes in which the "Orion" appeared never show any clips of the "Orion" entering hyperspace, only of the "Orion" exiting hyperspace.  The pic I used is clearly a ship entering hyperspace.

... OK, time to get back on topic. ...

Hey Scyphi, that link goes to some pretty nice pics of the Orion.   More desktop material.  8)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
Should be familiar.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 04:48:01 AM »
Nice!

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
I hadn't changed by work desktop for quite some time ... until this one caught my eye.

Original can be found here at Interfacelift.com

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
New desktop, featuring a sci-fi genre from the other side of the pond, if you catch my drift. ;)

It's a little stretched in order to fit my desktop, but not noticeably enough for me to try and adjust it to fit better.
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets